transmission issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah they make a reader for the OBD1, i bought one at Advance Auto for $30. does the same thing as the paper clip basically. has a switch on it to do ABS or the regular codes.

it makes the light flash the code adn then you look it up in the huge not real helpful book it comes with.

it basically told me that any one or all of the sensors on my camaro's engine are bad... not real precise like that ODBII or III

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh.. i have an obd2, but idk if i wanna buy that one now too.. ill jsut find someone with that reader i need or sometrhing.. thanks tho

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like an abs problem. i have had this happen a few times on mine. it brakes fine until it slows down under 10 mph, then then brakes give a skipping, slidding feel. if you feather the pedal or push a bit firmer maybe you can stop it from happening. what ive found is the front abs sensors build up dirt and junk on them, especially where it mounts to the spindle. remove the abs sensor mounting bolt and clean the area on the spindle where it mounts to, as weell as the sensor itself. do this to both front sensors. mone has had this two or three times and it has been rectified every time by doing what i mentioned. easy fix, takes maybe 30-60 mins to do both.

:eek2:this is the exact same problem ive been having. anytime under 10 mph it gets all stiff or locks up it seems. feathering or pushing it down more seems to help most of the time. although sometimes i need to let off the brake and push it again. :cuss:But anyhow the mechanic said something about having to replace the abs modele under the hood. also recommend puttin in good aftermarket brake lines as the stock ones seem to be crap:yesnod:
gonna get some gstop brake lines and clean/replace the sensors...whats the name of them if i want to replace the part? thanks again green

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u dont have to replace the sensors, just unbolt them and clean the mounting tab, the spindle where it bolts up, and the sensor head itself. the grime might be packed in there on the spindle side, just scrape it away, good luck.

sps145

Reaction score
yeah i have the same problem... if you can move the driveshaft back and forth then it is most likely the u-joints. if you cant then put the truck up in the air, leave it in netrual and try spining the driveshaft as if it were in reverse or drive, if it has a lot of "play" then it is most likely the rear going bad.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 95 simple code reading and less things to go wrong with all them sensors

on the vortex motors

klennop

Reaction score
sounds like an abs problem. i have had this happen a few times on mine. it brakes fine until it slows down under 10 mph, then then brakes give a skipping, slidding feel. if you feather the pedal or push a bit firmer maybe you can stop it from happening. what ive found is the front abs sensors build up dirt and junk on them, especially where it mounts to the spindle. remove the abs sensor mounting bolt and clean the area on the spindle where it mounts to, as weell as the sensor itself. do this to both front sensors. mone has had this two or three times and it has been rectified every time by doing what i mentioned. easy fix, takes maybe 30-60 mins to do both.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture or drawing or link of where these sensors are?

My truck just started to do this and it is kind of scary when you come up to a stop sign and the abs goes on right before you stop and the truck goes forward more than you expected.

Thanks!

PotentialTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a brake problem, or a transmission problem or a rear end problem? I think everyone maybe having the same symtoms but not sure which componets are going bad.