Turn signal/Hazzard light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Hoeboy

Reaction score
hows it going guys, i'm a recently turned ford owner, i had a 90 f-250 and a 99 f-250 and needless to say i'll never go back but i got used to their wiring and setup however now begins my issue, picked up a beautiful but rusty 97 tahoe 4x4 2 door out of jersey with only 36,000 legitimate miles unfortunately I've had to dig into her a little bit but she purrs like a lion out of hell. to get to my question i just recently changed my turn signal bulbs and now I've run into a problem. with the headlight selector set to off any attempt to use the turn signal/ hazard lights my entire dashboard blinks including the radio and the heater controls, furthermore my open door alarm goes off intermittently while the hazards or turn signals are "on". now when my headlight selector is set to parking lights or full headlights the turn signals are stuck on and activating the turn singles or the hazards does the same thing as when the headlight selector is off, EVERYTHING BLINKS. the only things that do not blink are the dome lights, the door lights and the step out lights near the kickpanel's. so i as you oh gurus of the tahoe world is it a bad ground? a relay? maybe the multi switch on the column. id love it if you guys could help me out quick because the truck needs to be on the road within a week and my inspection guy will not pass it as is :help::help::help: