Two way remote installed with pictures!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammm. these remotes should be standard with the Denali/Escalade Line...LOL

So how do they work? touch screen to change music and all that??

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammm. these remotes should be standard with the Denali/Escalade Line...LOL

So how do they work? touch screen to change music and all that??

Now that would be cool but not the case. They have a button located flush with the remote on each side of the unit. The one on the right. if you hit it once does the back light. If you press it a second time it activates the additional functions. Pressing it once more moves it from function to function. The button on the left side of the unit is used to control the function once you have picked one.

Example:
Press the button on the right side once. (It lights the display)
Press it again (It highlights the Tire pressure function)
Press the button on the left of the unit will switch from Tire to Tire on the display showing each PSI of the Tire highlighted. Just a note on the Tire function it will switch from tire to tire on the display on it own every few seconds one time. If you would like to check each of them again while it is still called up is when you would use the left button key.

Same goes for the Radio Control,
Button on the right gets you to that function. The button on the left is used to change the stations.

mohspeed

Reaction score
Got another call from the shop today stating they still (after 1 day of trying to program the remote) could not the new program to load. Can't wait to get this damn thing installed and over with. Hopefully it'll be worth the trouble of waiting 2 days without having a vehicle to drive around. They had to order another remote...so they say.

On another note, they did tell me the shock sensor install went flawlessly so can't wait to see how that will if at all integrate with the new remote.

The sacrifice for technology.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got another call from the shop today stating they still (after 1 day of trying to program the remote) could not the new program to load. Can't wait to get this damn thing installed and over with. Hopefully it'll be worth the trouble of waiting 2 days without having a vehicle to drive around. They had to order another remote...so they say.

On another note, they did tell me the shock sensor install went flawlessly so can't wait to see how that will if at all integrate with the new remote.

The sacrifice for technology.

Yea, I hope they just had a bad unit. I was told mine went quick on the install. Once it install and working you will love it.

When me and the wife got out of church Sunday we stopped out in the parking lot talking to some friends. While I was standing there I hit the remote, started the Tahoe, and check the time remaining on the auto start without even seeing the Tahoe across the lot. Very nice.
:lol:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the radio features alittle bit? Radio will turn on with remote start with new reciever setup? You can change the station with the remote?

How will this be affected with an aftermarket radio?

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio Feature. With the radio on, you can change your presets with the fob. Works great for tailgating or when I wax my truck with the windows open and have to change my XM to another preset.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so the radio will power with the remote start after the reciever upgrade?

mohspeed

Reaction score
No....well at least my radio does not come on with the remote start. Basically what you would do is have your key and key fob seperate. Remotely start your car, then put in your key. Your radio will come on...and then when your like outside of your car you can change the stations or skip tracks on your cd with the remote.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats retarded... I guess when I get my aftermarket HU I will have to do alittle rewiring.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats retarded... I guess when I get my aftermarket HU I will have to do alittle rewiring.

I guess everyone has their opinion. I kind of like the feature, as stated above when you’re out tailgating at a football game or washing your car you can change the stations without getting in the vehicle.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No....well at least my radio does not come on with the remote start. Basically what you would do is have your key and key fob seperate. Remotely start your car, then put in your key. Your radio will come on...and then when your like outside of your car you can change the stations or skip tracks on your cd with the remote.

You are correct, mine works the same way. Feature was designed to be used when the key is in the accessories mode and you have the remote outside the vehicle while washing car, tailgating, etc.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the 2-way ARSS installed last Thursday, $212 out the door. Tested it to 850 ft... would have tried farther but was standing in the corn fields.

Highly reccomend.

A J

jeep450

Reaction score
There is nothing to the install, it is the computer programming that you will have to had done by your local dealer. It took me about 15 mins to install the kit and 15 mins to program it. The only thing that is added is the antenna in the left rear side window.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing to the install, it is the computer programming that you will have to had done by your local dealer. It took me about 15 mins to install the kit and 15 mins to program it. The only thing that is added is the antenna in the left rear side window.

Do your original remotes still work after you install the new one?

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your original remotes still work after you install the new one?

Yes they do! (Although I'm a little confused as to what driver the "3rd" OEM controller is assigned to. I guess it's bumped to nothing as the two-way is 1 and one of the OEMs is 2.)

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do! (Although I'm a little confused as to what driver the "3rd" OEM controller is assigned to. I guess it's bumped to nothing as the two-way is 1 and one of the OEMs is 2.)

So it only comes with one remote?

jeep450

Reaction score
The factory remotes still work. You program the remotes in order of use.
The 2 way kit comes with a new RCDLR,antenna and (1) 2 way remote. You can have up to 4 remotes programed but you have to have all of them when you program.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the UAE, and my dealer here hasn't even heard of these. I am going to order one online, most probably GMpartsdirect.com and have it shipped over here. I have a few questions if someone could help me.
1. When using Tech 2 to program, would my dealer have the option to choose the 2 way remote if they haven't heard of them.
2. Does anybody have the instructions for programing the remote. (In tech2 what menu is the 2 way remote in. I used tech2 for my camera install, but there was no 2 way remote in that option.)
3. Is there a place to buy just a remote. I will buy 1 complete install kit, and I have my 2 OEM ones, but I want 1 extra LCD remote. Anyone know an online shop that sells the kit as well as an extra remote. (Total of 4. 2 LCD, 2 OEM.)

Thanks in advance

jeep450

Reaction score
I have a few questions if someone could help me.Thanks in advance

The instruction are in SI (the tech will know what this is) under accessories manual that will give him the details on the install.

The 2 way kit comes with (1) 2 way remote, antenna and a RCDLR (remote control door lock reciver).
He will have to set up the tire pressure setting in the RCDLR, that part is left out of the directions.
The RCDLR is replaced and that is what has to be programed. Additional remotes are listed in the parts computer. The remotes are programmed through the DIC controls on the right side of the instrument panel cluster.
You program (all remotes) in the order they will be used.

Here is a pic of where the antenna will be mounted.
IMG_1675.jpg