Type of oil you run in 2007 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big B

Reaction score
I was thinking of running Amsoil in my Yukon. Has any one used Amsoil in there trucks. Please advise if you can

Thanks

Brian

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amsoil is some great stuff but me personally dont think its needed in a everyday car or truck. I would stick with Mobil1 for everyday best of oils to run.

Now if it were a hotrod or a heavy duty truck or equipment thats when I would look at Amsoil or Royal Purple

:cheers:

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just take mine to the Stealership and have them do the change. Any idea what they use?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile Full Synthetic 5w30?
Is that what you are running?

Yes; Mobil-1 full synthetic, 5W30. I usually run 6000 miles between changes with NO issues whatsoever. You WILL pay more for the oil change, but for me the extra "love" for the engine and the extra convenience for me is definitely worth it.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just take mine to the Stealership and have them do the change. Any idea what they use?

My guess is that each dealership would be different, but you will NOT get a synthetic oil change without asking for one, and naming the brand to use, and paying the extra cost... Tell them to use a Mobil-1 filter too. I didn't think to ask about that a couple weeks back, but they usually do if you get a Mobil-1 synthetic change. I'll see if I can sneak a peek at my filter to see if it's a Mobil-1 filter too.

Finally, I hear that you should not switch back and forth between synthetic and regular motor oil. "They" say that once you use synthetic, you should stick with it.

Grillmaster

Reaction score
Mobil 1 5w30 has my vote. I've heard that the only issues with switching between regular and synthetic is your engine is more likely to leak with synthetic because it does get into places regular oil can't, and it will exploit any bad engine seals. Other than that, I haven't heard of any real issues.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 upon request at the dealer. Only done once yet - going to compare when DIC says to change as compared to the 6K range. Plan on only using this for the life of the vehicle.