Umm muffler or just buy a whole system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slmann12

Reaction score
Good deal! I'm completely broke right now so I'll have to wait a little while. If you make the move and get this done soon please keep us posted because it is my front runner as of right now

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal! I'm completely broke right now so I'll have to wait a little while. If you make the move and get this done soon please keep us posted because it is my front runner as of right now

HAHAHA. I'm broke too. I am wrapping up a two month upgrade on my tahoe. This weekend I'm putting my G3 tail lights on with HID's in the reverse light. Then I'm getting an alarm installed w/ remote start and one button window controls. Plus I have to drive from VA to MS for Christmas (12hrs). Luckily the gas has dropped.

Hey even if we both don't get the exhaust anytime soon, atleast we found a solution. So the next person who decides they want the duals and isn't sure will have an answer.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent him a message.... I think this is for the complete system......
There is no way MSRP on tips alone is going to be 708.71

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STIL...51D0E008763D=1lCkkpI0X+VrJdk2hA1LACIAAAA0IqRH

I'll post his response. This is the question I asked: Is this just for the tips or the complete system, muffler and pipes?

Ahhh, I didn't pay attention to the MSRP.:ktoe:

Earlier you stated that since it is listed for earlier models I would have to make modifications. Do you know what type of mods might be needed?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slmann12-

Someone asked me to check out the Gibson #5570.

Here is the sound clip page. Its under Dual extreme. http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/sounds/

Not too sure about it but the system seems to wrap around the spare tire also.

I'm very curious about what oneradride might have found.

Attachments

• gib-5570_w.jpg
    gib-5570_w.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn someone is going to get a he!l of a deal........ I don't know what mods if would take to make this fit but I can't imagine it would be much.....
Here is the sellers response:
Dear oneradride,

This is the complete system - normally $708.71. Just have an overstock of them and need to move them.

Pro-X exhaust system by STILLEN. Aluminized Dual Rear Cat-Back Exhaust System. Exits one pipe on each side of the license box. Includes 4" round bull nose stainless tips. Bolts right on.
- stillenoutlet

Also....... I don't know for sure if this is the same deal, but this 'Stillen cat back' is what I bought 2 years ago and stamped right into the muffler is MAGNAFLOW!!

HOGWILD

Reaction score
If You Want Pipes Coming Out The Back...go To Someone That Does Pipes....had A Magnaflow Muffler And The Duel Pipes Coming Out The Back Custom Made For $300

demonal

Reaction score
I'm considering SLP but I don't know anybody that has done it?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone concidered SLP????? they make kick ass systems...this is my favorite: dual exit, dual tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRB_B5S5s6U

Yeah I actually saw that a while back. I heard SLP is one of the most expensive exhausts out there.

If You Want Pipes Coming Out The Back...go To Someone That Does Pipes....had A Magnaflow Muffler And The Duel Pipes Coming Out The Back Custom Made For $300

That's the conclusion I came to. But it seems like alot of guys are running upon those shops who love to say... it can't be done. I'm probably gonna just end up buying an exhaust system that is already structured to go around the spare tire and get how it is poking out the back custom done.

By the way where did you buy your muffler from?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn someone is going to get a he!l of a deal........ I don't know what mods if would take to make this fit but I can't imagine it would be much.....
Here is the sellers response:
Dear oneradride,

This is the complete system - normally $708.71. Just have an overstock of them and need to move them.

Pro-X exhaust system by STILLEN. Aluminized Dual Rear Cat-Back Exhaust System. Exits one pipe on each side of the license box. Includes 4" round bull nose stainless tips. Bolts right on.
- stillenoutlet

Also....... I don't know for sure if this is the same deal, but this 'Stillen cat back' is what I bought 2 years ago and stamped right into the muffler is MAGNAFLOW!!

Well I just posted a question to the seller and I will let you all know what the answer is.

The question: I know that the listing says for 96-99 Suburban but what if any mods need to be made for this to fit on a 2007 Tahoe?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer:

Dear e-dub75,

Honestly have no idea. Was originally designed to fit the 96/99 vehicles.

- stillenoutlet

So the seller really didn't help out on this.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think he would… chances of him having an 07 and trying to use this system on it were slim….

As long as your exhaust is run down the passenger side of the truck and the pipe circumference is the same (or a little bigger to fit over the existing pipe you are going to cut) you should be good to go. You may have to do some cutting and bending and you may have to add some pipe hangers and you may have to remove the spare….. but those are chances that you take trying to save some money up front.

Worst case, buy it and mock it up, if it’s WAY off, sell it again……. ‘OR’ pay the big bucks and don’t sweat it.
:trude:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-dub $708 to spend on a catback system then have it chopped up (add more labor) seems like too much $$$ and there still is a possibility it will not fit. Hopefully you can find a shop to do a custom system for much less. I know you tried already.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously have had dreams of that exhaust on the first post... it almost looks liek they are just duel straight pipes that come out to the back that he cut and added those bent tips, am i wrong? is this possible?

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-dub $708 to spend on a catback system then have it chopped up (add more labor) seems like too much $$$ and there still is a possibility it will not fit. Hopefully you can find a shop to do a custom system for much less. I know you tried already.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Zed 71

The MSRP is $708. This guy is selling it for $120. But like you said I am very hesitant on buying something that is made for a vehicle almost 10 years apart. Going that route could payoff if I knew about exhausts. But if I am going to take a chance on anything it will be an exhaust for an '07 that (by the picture) seems that the pipes wrap around the spare.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate oneradride's input but buying that system is too risky for me.

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my shop charged me 350 for the full cat-back single-in dual-out magnaflow including 2 rolled tips, stainless steel pipe & labor......

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my shop charged me 350 for the full cat-back single-in dual-out magnaflow including 2 rolled tips, stainless steel pipe & labor......

You mind posting pics of the back of your hoe? I'm curious on how it looks. Also, please throw in some pictures of those 26's (so I can drool :ack:).