Undercarage/frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who here has a pic looking straight up that the bottom of our truck?..preferrably a Denali..or if the 4x4 tahoe/yukon ..*or Silverado SS* looks the exact same, that'd do....maybe if someone has pics of their vehicle on a lift or something?

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see how much room I have to build a fully custom exhaust setup and how it can be routed. Also, It would be nice to have for future ref. When it comes to adding an air tank, battery brackets, stuff like that...and if you were able to get some, that would be awesome...I'd be really appreciative!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much room for a custom exhaust if you plan to lower yours, I'll try to get some pics next week when I cut mine up at the shop.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lower is yours from stock?(I know you've changed the height more then once) and do you still have Air Ride with Auto sensing? I'd like to keep mine if possible..

why is yours going under the knife? what are you doin with it now?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently sits 2.5" lower up front and just over 4.5" lower in back. I still have the autoride but it was a pain in the ass to get it set perfect as I had to build shorter sensor links from scratch and adjust them a half dozen times before it worked properly. Not sure what I'll do to it next week, maybe bag the back and weld up an adjustable track bar. Might install some bilstein 5100s up front and solder in some resistors for the front shocks. I took two weeks off work for thanksgiving and I'll have alot of spare time on my hands, maybe build another box for my sub and work on fiberglassing some kick panels for my midbass drivers. Too much sh*t left to do and not enough time or monies.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are sensor links and why was it such a btich to make? I guess there is no actual kit to lower it as low as yours? and whats an adjustable track bar?

I was having mine bagged before I deployed, already paid the shop to do it..It was going to be close to laying frame like my signature pic...but I had to pull out and get the money back after they said I was leaving =/

You are takin it to a shop just so you can work on it...theres nothing wrong with it though...does that mean you/or a friend own a shop or something? and again, thanks in advance!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took some bolts of the same diameter of the sensors and cut them down, threaded them, and installed but it's a bit of trial and error getting it setup properly. Now when I put my dog or a bunch of fat fvcks in my truck the compressor kicks on just like stock and only fills to ride height. The track bar is the arm that is bolted to the frame and mounts onto the axle to control lateral movement. Since the rear of these trucks is coil spring and not leaf it is used to position the axle correctly between the frame. When you alter the height of the vehicle the track bar will be too long or too short which makes the axle stick out farther to one side of the frame. An adjustable track bar allows you to set the axle back in the correct position in relation to the frame which I'll need regardless of how low the truck is. I work at a shop and have about 8 lifts and an alignment rack that I can use, makes working on this crap infinitely easier and takes half the time to do anything.