Upgrade the Bose Sound System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

little

Reaction score
The last time i semi-replaced the a bose system was in my '01 Benz E430. I utillized the factory head-unit and also the factory rear door speakers. What i did was took out the front door speakers, installed a set of Diamond Hex mids in the doors/ tweets in the dash, and two JL subs in the trunk. I clipped the wires coming out of the factory amp goin to the highs up front and to the two rear deck subs but utilized the already in-place front door highs/mids wiring which saved a ton of time. I used an Audio Control LC6 line converter to wire in both my Zapco studio amps. Sounded amazing compared to the factory setup. Front highs were a little tingy but the mids compensated a lot. I wouldn't worry about the rear speakers at all, if you wanna save on cash as you won't really hear them, unless you really want your rear passengers to have decent sound.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is it that makes the bose system sound like such garbage? Is it the speakers, the amp,... Everything I play through it just sounds flat. I think the worst part is that the treble is almost nonexistant.
I had a Delco 2 speaker in an older car that sounded better, and I am not exagerating.

trigeeks

Reaction score
I mounted my amps under the second row seats. There is an indent under each seat and the amps fit perfectly in the indents.

The question about upgrading the system for $1000 to $2000.....the best bet would be to do what others in this post have done and upgrade the sub and put in a good amp. You may even do what one other post said and only upgrade the front speakers and not the back. If that doesn't satisfy you taste, you can always budget for the rest later.