Volant Cold Air Intake - Fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my volant a couple of months ago and love the sound. However, the fitting doesn't sleep well with me. It seems too loose around the throttle body for my liking. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Anyone care to take a picture of the clamp placement at the throttle body?

PeanutGallery

Reaction score
can't take a pic right now but i don't believe mine had a clamp at the TB end of the intake tube - there should be a specialized rubber grommet that is effectively a reducer fitting - it's larger in diameter on one end than the other. the wider opening fits snugly around the end of the intake pipe, and the smaller opening fits snugly over the TB itself. installed as such, mine's not loose at all....? might want to double-check the parts list and instructions...?

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't take a pic right now but i don't believe mine had a clamp at the TB end of the intake tube - there should be a specialized rubber grommet that is effectively a reducer fitting - it's larger in diameter on one end than the other. the wider opening fits snugly around the end of the intake pipe, and the smaller opening fits snugly over the TB itself. installed as such, mine's not loose at all....? might want to double-check the parts list and instructions...?

Hmm. I'll take a picture of mine today/tomorrow for comparison.

PeanutGallery

Reaction score
that looks different from the one they sent me....i'll see if i can get a pic of mine. forgot about this thread...sorry! could've done it this weekend if i'd thought about it.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my volant a couple of months ago and love the sound. However, the fitting doesn't sleep well with me. It seems too loose around the throttle body for my liking. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Anyone care to take a picture of the clamp placement at the throttle body?

TallyDAWG, you might not be the only one with this issue. My Yukon turned up with bank 1 and bank 2 error code today. Went to the dealership and my fuel trim is running really lean. There was a hose/tube to the PCV valve that had a leak, but also my throttle body fitting was lose. Maybe it gets loose over time, I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'm going to probably throw my factory air intake back on to see if my "Lean Fuel Trim" percentage gets better.