Stabilitrak, Traction Control, and ABS issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephenc498

Reaction score
I have seen countless threads on this topic, but none with a definite answer or fix. My 2008 5.3L Tahoe LT 2WD has had two messages; service stabilitrak, service traction control; and has had the traction control and abs lights on the dash for almost three months. I remember they all appeared at once upon hitting a speed bump a few months ago. I've experienced no loss of power or any driving errors other than the lights. I've checked the engine bay for anything loose with the air intake and the rear wheel speed sensors do not appear to be loose. Has anyone had a similar experience or any suggestions on what to look into?

pSyCO_007

Reaction score
Could be a just an abs wheel sensor.. mine had the same issue hooked it up to a scanner and said the right rear wheel sensor was bad. Replaced it all is good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Reaction score
Check the ground wire going from the back of the engine block. It tends to become brittle and break. There are YouTube videos which show people experiencing the same types of issues you described and the culprit being this loose ground wire.