wanted to introduce myself....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austexparts

Reaction score
If you've done sales before, thern you may know this. There are two types of buyers, educated and uneducated. Its not up to a salesman to educate buyers. Typically uneducated buyers get the short end of the stick. That's life.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda like the old saying..."if a salesmans lips are moving, he's lying..." comes to mind...LOL

He wasn't uneducated, LIED too...two different things.

What am I doing...arguing for this new guy....am i crazy...LOL

OP Good luck.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, this is a great place to hang out.

Do what I do, start a snail mail or email campaign starting with the Better Business Bureau, then this guys supervisor, and that guys supervisor and on up the food chain as far as you can, hopefully you can even get to the owner of the dealership. Be sure to CC everything both ways, that way the jerk that screwed you over knows you went over his head, and everybody else knows you're serious enough about it to stir things up. End it with "I look forward to hearing from you in a timely manner." After a week if you don't get a reply mail everyone again. Do it weekly then 2X a week. May seem like a hassle but I don't like to let a$$holes get away with $hit. Sooner or later someone will likely do something, if not, at least you didn't just roll over and take it.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
The problem is that people are giving this negative feedback and wasting the time of an individual that you've had no dealings with other than an anonymous posting by someone on a board you frequent. That's childish. If it was really that important to him he should have spoke to the manager, and then if he was still unsatisfied a lawyer/Chevy's corporate office. Asking people on the internet to call up and harass someone does nothing. He's still without the second remote he was promised. How do we even know this story is true? It was his second post, so he obviously registered here with an agenda of getting even. But like I said before, whatever makes him happy.

Hi Huck, and everyone else.. Thank you too everyone with and without your support. I did not join this forum just to bash a dealership. I enjoy speaking about cars with other people that share the same interests as I do.

"He is still without his second remote" :rolleyes: Have you even read the post FULLY? I HAVE NO REMOTES.

When I test drove the car, sales man A (Fred Halls) Unlocked it with a REMOTE. Then, is when I asked him "Oh so the car comes with remotes?" and he responded with "yes, here it is" (and he dangled them in the air)

Who the hell buys a car, and makes sure that "key less entry remote" is included on the "Due bill" or even the sticker on the side of the car? I never have...

Well, long story short... Sales man A did not finish the sale. He was just the bait. Sales man B (Gradie) is the closer.. He is the guy who is responsible for closing the deal.

once the deal was CLOSED (sales contract ETC...) and papers were signed, they THEN walked me out to my car and handed me my key.

This is when I got upset, and made a big deal of the FLAT OUT LIE that FRED HALLS told to me regarding the key-less entry.. It was a FLAT OUT LIE because sales man B claimed that the remote sales man A dangles was just a universal remote that unlocks ALL vehicles on their lot....

When this all went down, it was after 5PM and sales man B just said, "hey man the parts department is closed after 5 and I cant do anything until Monday anyways" i could believe that story, and that is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I patiently waited until Monday, I waited for sales man B's phone call until 1PM.. then is when I realized that he most likely forgot, and i needed to remind him.

When I got the feeling that he was giving me the run around (once he told me he would call me back, or he was too busy) is when I decided to post this.

I have no agenda... besides payback for dealerships that FLAT OUT LIE to the consumer and dont try and FIX their mistakes.

Put it to you this way....

You come to my house and test drive my car, you like it, and say you want to buy it for XXX dollars..

We go inside my house, and sign the paper work.

Once all is done (LEGALLY) we go out side and I give you the keys to my old truck, and you notice that the rims that were on the car when you test drove it, are now different.

Wouldn'T you be PISSED?

Once again, thank you everyone for your warm welcomes! :) I really appreciate them! and too all of the people that feel I am being immature ETC... That is fine! you are welcome to have your opinions! :) Just please refrain from posting negative comments in MY thread.

Thank you! :gy:

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
Also, Im sorry... this is a GMC YUKON, not TAHOE...

I'm new to American cars.. Can you believe that in 15 years of driving, this is the first American car i have EVER driven :D

That, and IMO the YUKON and TAHOE look like twin sisters :p

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
If you've done sales before, thern you may know this. There are two types of buyers, educated and uneducated. Its not up to a salesman to educate buyers. Typically uneducated buyers get the short end of the stick. That's life.

Thats great..

But, when a sales person educates the consumer on a used vehicle something that is not true, what do you call it then?

BULL****!! :sla:

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck on getting the remote...IMHO the dealer is getting what he deserves.....welcome to a great site tho!

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
Uhhh

Not to be to Negative but I think you have a bigger problem here. If you signed all that paperwork that you should know you have a G.M.C. YUKON not a Chevy Tahoe. I think you should have paid more attention to detail and asked for it as soon as they tried to rip you off. Don't matter if you signed shi*. Be a man, look em in the eye and say Your going to give me the damn key fob.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

I have already tried to be a "man", they fed me BS about having to talk to the parts dept. and they will get back to me WHILE I WAS ON THE LOT . Should I have stayed there over the FULL weekend and waited for parts to open back up on Monday?

How many times do I need to go back to the dealership about something they already promised me? They should be calling me and apologizing for THEIR miscommunication, dont you think?

And as for the name of the truck, that was MY error. I am not good with American car MFR models ETC...

This is definatly a G.M.C. YUKON..

at least that is what my manual says :p

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need the parts dept to get the remote the Salesman had in his hand.
You should be there right now.