wanted to introduce myself....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
:)

Hello, My Name is Alex, and I am new to the forums.

I just purchased MY02 GMC Tahoe, 4X4 White.. and loving it so far!

I came from a 2002 Honda S2000 which I purchased right after college as my single/ fun car and loved EVERY minute of owning it...

I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter that could never ride in it, and a loving wife that was so cool to switch cars with me every day when I needed to go pick her up wherever she was at and NEVER botched or moaned about it.

Finally, I gave up because it was TOO much of a hassle to switch cars every day just to own a sports car.

Well, here I am... Just wanted to say Hi !

Please bear with me, I am a complete NOOB when it comes to American vehicles! This is the first American car I have ever owned in my 15 years of driving :shhh:

Well, thanks! Hope to see you guys around!!

Now for some pics

Truck.jpg
+

truckback.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures! Used my Black Berry :lol:

Have a great day everyone!!

Mr. Eryozgatliyan

Reaction score
Wow. Is it really that serious?

So you are OK with dealerships lying to your
face just to get the sale? Then telling you to basically
F-off once the papers were signed?

That's cool man if your all good with that, but Im not!

;)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

;)

Its not the value of the thing they left out, its the principal of it. Im gunna make that call for you. Just let me know how hard you want me to be on them, 25k car or their most espensive car there! LOL. But know how im gunna play it is act like i went in earlier this week, then did some research about the dealer and found out online that you lied to customers including alex. Sound cool. :thumbsup: BTW welcome to the forums.

Huck

Reaction score

;)

Personally, I'm just a little more adult than playing games on the phone. Only phone call I would be making is to my lawyer. But hey, do whatever makes you happy.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL classic, maybe I need to call and say

"hey from Oklahoma....our dealerships sell cars WITH the remotes, give Alex's his!!!"

if i do call, it will have the 405 area code, so he can verify....LOL

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Tahoeforum. I am new here too, I just got my 05 last week with 2 remotes.

I'm not sure the best way to start off is to be whining about getting screwed at a car dealer.
It is up to you and only you to not let it happen to you. Period. Walk back in like a man and get what you were promised. You should have done it that night.
I hope it works out and you like your Tahoe.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point is, it was done AFTER the sale. I too got two remotes, but I think what he is doing is only 'sticking' it back in the eye to lying salesmen.
Would you want a dealer like that, to have a remote to unloack your doors? They have your address on paperwork......think about it.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, you have a Yukon, theres a Chevy Tahoe and a GMC Yukon, two different vehicles.

Second, I didn't have time to read half of that big link, but if I understood correctly you're asking total strangers to call and lie and waste a salesman's time because he cheated you out of a $10 remote that you could buy off of ebay and program yourself in five minutes?

I honestly don't even know what to say :ktoe:

daxz

Reaction score
Personally, I'm just a little more adult than playing games on the phone. Only phone call I would be making is to my lawyer. But hey, do whatever makes you happy.

Thats Funny lets call a Lawyer that charges $250 an hour for a $50 remote from eBay or 140ish from the dealer.... IMO Lawyer would be the immature way to deal with it.... nothing wrong asking people on a forum to call in and give negative feedback.... i mean isn't that what forums are for helping each other with OUR kind of car related problems?

Oh WELCOME TO THE FORUM BTW :thumbsup:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. You should have raised hell when he told you "no"... should have talked to the manager and tell him that the salesman told you it had keyless entry and you saw him open your brand new YUKON with the remote.

Unfortunately, you got screwed. Hopefully you didn't pay full sticker?

P.S. I got 1 remote with my 'hoe. I got another one from http://www.keylessride.com/ If I were you, I'd see about getting the remotes cleared out of your system. (adding a new one will do this)

austexparts

Reaction score
I almost forgot, Ive got a gmc suburban for sale, it has chevy yukon xl wheels hahahahahahahahahahahah

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too welcome you here even though I am a NOOB, also. I got my '02 Tahoe a couple weeks ago and driving is fun again. While I really like the way mine rides, I still look at the older models with envy. They have more serious lines where mine looks like the starring character in a childrens book like "Timmy Tahoe Goes To The Big City".

I can't wait for some snow and the chance to pull an Explorer out of the median/:D

I only got one remote with my truck so I am only half ticked off. I immediately picked up another on Ebay for about $30 then did a remote reset to cancel any loose remotes the dealer or someone else might have tuned to my truck.:mad:

Enjoy your new toy and the forums.

Ed

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, you have a Yukon, theres a Chevy Tahoe and a GMC Yukon, two different vehicles.

Second, I didn't have time to read half of that big link, but if I understood correctly you're asking total strangers to call and lie and waste a salesman's time because he cheated you out of a $10 remote that you could buy off of ebay and program yourself in five minutes?

I honestly don't even know what to say :ktoe:
to know the story, you have to read the story.

He was lied too, he is not asking people to call and lie to the dealer. Waste a salesmans time, you've bought cars before, correct. The games they play with customers, is that fair?
Again, just maybe it's me, they have a remote to MY CAR, that he paid $20,000+ for, he should get ALL the car that they got, in trade in.
To me, the salesman is getting his cake, back.

Huck

Reaction score
Thats Funny lets call a Lawyer that charges $250 an hour for a $50 remote from eBay or 140ish from the dealer.... IMO Lawyer would be the immature way to deal with it.... nothing wrong asking people on a forum to call in and give negative feedback.... i mean isn't that what forums are for helping each other with OUR kind of car related problems?

Oh WELCOME TO THE FORUM BTW :thumbsup:

The problem is that people are giving this negative feedback and wasting the time of an individual that you've had no dealings with other than an anonymous posting by someone on a board you frequent. That's childish. If it was really that important to him he should have spoke to the manager, and then if he was still unsatisfied a lawyer/Chevy's corporate office. Asking people on the internet to call up and harass someone does nothing. He's still without the second remote he was promised. How do we even know this story is true? It was his second post, so he obviously registered here with an agenda of getting even. But like I said before, whatever makes him happy.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He does have a Yukon he just purchased. I'll hold off judgement before assuming he is here only as a vendetta.
If it teach's a lesson to any one dealer in the US to stop screwing people, and do business correcly, it'd be worth it.
What happened to great business ethics anyway........................

Again, just my $.02