Warranty Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk2k6gun

Reaction score
I wanted to put a slight lift on my 08 Tahoe. I want to use the same set up my wife has on her 99 Sierra. She has a 6" Fabtech Suspension lift and a 3" body lift. Before I do so, do any of you know if that particular lift set-up will void my warranty? Thanks for any help...

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will only affect your suspension warr....it all depends on what system you try to claim on a warr issue.....ie if you have a lift they can't shoot you down for an engine miss.

ucsbguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to put a slight lift on my 08 Tahoe. I want to use the same set up my wife has on her 99 Sierra. She has a 6" Fabtech Suspension lift and a 3" body lift. Before I do so, do any of you know if that particular lift set-up will void my warranty? Thanks for any help...

9 inches is slight? I would think they could give you the runaround on tranny issues too... it would depend on the dealer. If your service guys are jerks, they could try to claim pushing around a tahoe with 9 inches of lift and i'm sure some huge tires could cause additional stress to the motor/tranny.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't matter, when they go bankrupt, none of us will have warranties...

yukon351

Reaction score
warranty question

I have a warranty question.

I just purchased a used 2007 yukon with 30K miles. I am debating on getting an extended warranty on it for $1800, which goes to 75K miles from the in-service date.

I was told the yukon has a 100K miles transmission and powertrain warranty already on it. My first question is, if there is stipulations on the transmission and powertrain warranty, what are they?

Should I not get the extended warranty and use the $1800 I would spend on the warranty on minor things that might go wrong?

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go for the warranty....hopefully you're looking at a GMPP policy. One major A/C repair will pay for it....or an electrical issue that takes hours or days to find....

yukon351

Reaction score
I say go for the warranty....hopefully you're looking at a GMPP policy. One major A/C repair will pay for it....or an electrical issue that takes hours or days to find....

Thanks for the advice. Is that the best type of warranty, GMPP? What are the pros and cons about them?

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's the best going in my book....I work @ a dlr. and see how they work....covers damn near everything the bumper to bumper does...no cons that I know of.(GMPP)

yukon351

Reaction score
it's the best going in my book....I work @ a dlr. and see how they work....covers damn near everything the bumper to bumper does...no cons that I know of.(GMPP)

The GM dealer told me that I could get a extended warranty for $2200 with a $100 deductible. I don't like paying that much if I have that high a deductible let alone a deductible at all.

Does that sound right?

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM dealer told me that I could get a extended warranty for $2200 with a $100 deductible. I don't like paying that much if I have that high a deductible let alone a deductible at all.

Does that sound right?

That's why they're called stealerships bro! No that sounds like way too much. Pass on it for now and GM will send you a brochure in the mail offering a cheaper one.

yukon351

Reaction score
That's why they're called stealerships bro! No that sounds like way too much. Pass on it for now and GM will send you a brochure in the mail offering a cheaper one.

I talked to 3 different people concerning extended warranties, all from GM, including my local GM dealer.

One is 4 yrs/60K, 0$ deductible, $2120 and they will refund me the whole amount if I don't use it.

Another is 4 yrs/50K, $100 deductible, $2049, refund is prorated

Last is 4 yrs/60K, 0$ deductible, $2020, refund is prorated.

I don't understand. I thought, for my vehicle, it would all be the same for GM.

Anyone have good 800#'s or websites I can browse through for more warranty info?

CHINO64

Reaction score
2007 Tahoe Extednded Warranty

I got my extended warranty from www.warrantydirect.com

They have a warranty called the Power Wrap warranty and it covers everything like a GM extended warranty. It does not cover the powertrain warranty portion of it since GM already gives you that warranty. I paid 1750.00 for it and you are able to make monthly payments. I had 35652 miles on the truck. As long as it is under 36000 miles, you can buy the power wrap.

After you exceed the 36K, then you have to look at other plans they have.

I picked this company because of recommendations from other chevrolet owners. I asked around some of the guys at work and two of them had this company as their warranty for their vehicles. No problems, no hassles, as long as you are within the rules of the warranty you purchase.

With Hurricane gustav hitting us and insurance companies screwing us, I like the fact I can still have a little peace of mind to have a warranty and not have to pay out a large amount all at once, since I had already paid out my ass for the insurance company's neglect in taking care of their customers with their new BS rules for hurricane damage to my house and the other thousands of people.

Always, the working middle class gets screwed every which way the government or big time Corporations can find a way to do it.

Anyways, back to the Tahoe. Give this site a try. I think everyone should at least look to see what they can offer. The warranties from dealership are negotiable, if you did not know. If they offer 2200 dollars, you can work it down to 1900.00. I know people who have done it. They think they got you when you buy an extended warranty after you purchased the vehicle. Not true. It is just another product they need to sell and try to get as much as they can for it.