Well it's SIRIUSXM now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
It will be interesting to see how this plays out, problem is how are you going to get all channels on the current radio in our trucks, you can't you would have to get a new radio, and that sucks.
What could be a problem is now they are the only satellite radio on the block with a massive debt load and will be forced to raise prices.

Last edited:

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And of course, I'd have to pay to upgrade the equipment, even though it's their merger that caused the need...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i haven't read into this very far but what the hell happens to the ones who have a year subscription? are we just SOL or are they paying the rest back?

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your original equipment is guaranteed to work for at least 3 years after the merger. If you have XM, you can still receive XM channels. If you have Sirius, you get the Sirius channels. On the new equipment, you will get to pick and choose channels from either network to form your own "package" if you want.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that sounds great and all but earlier when i had to re-enter all my saved stations... noticed there were several XM stations that no longer exist. so in two years i take it i'll have a whole 10 crappy stations?! haha

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
''If you don't upgrade your equipment, you do not have the A La Carte options.'' That is the part of the deal that would make me dump the whole thing, as I like the stock radio in my truck and don't want to change it.

Exactly my point.

This merger does nothing for me, except make me spend money if I want to "take advantage" of it.

Complete crap. Can't wait for the negatives to come out...

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they're already losing money, so I wasn't expecting to get more for less out of the merger. I happy I can get the same thing for the same price. That's more than you can say for most mergers (like airlines!)

I may even save a little with the XL rebate - I don't think I listen to any of the channels with XL content anyway.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point.

This merger does nothing for me, except make me spend money if I want to "take advantage" of it.

Complete crap. Can't wait for the negatives to come out...

This is what I don't understand, why is it if some channels can be shared between services, why do I need a new freak radio to get all of the service, this is the part of the deal that stinks.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand, why is it if some channels can be shared between services, why do I need a new freak radio to get all of the service, this is the part of the deal that stinks.

That's right, some channels are shared, and you don't need any new equipment to get them. For XM users, they have an "XM Everything and Select Sirius" package that will have all XM + 11 Sirius channels. But for $16.99, I can't think of any 11 channels they can offer me that would cause me to get that package over what I already have.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if the XM package actually stays avaliable as it is now for $12.95 a month i'll probably buy the new reciever from Pioneer if they offer one, but if i have to buy anotehr reciever that mounts to the dash i'll just drop it all together...

I like having the actual reciever under the driver seat. keeps the dash uncluttered.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's right, some channels are shared, and you don't need any new equipment to get them. For XM users, they have an "XM Everything and Select Sirius" package that will have all XM + 11 Sirius channels. But for $16.99, I can't think of any 11 channels they can offer me that would cause me to get that package over what I already have.

I really can't find anything on SIRIUS that is that compelling that I just have to have it, maybe just a cheaper XM subscription would be fine. I was once a hard core XM fanatic, but changes in the company like watered down play lists have dampened my enthusiasm.