What brand and size lift do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbastad

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT with 128,000 miles 2 days ago. I am new to the Tahoe and this site, so bear with me. This Tahoe came with a lift installed, but as I got it from a dealer he could not tell me anything about it. It's running 285/75/16 a/t tires.

1. Where do I look to find the brand of lift?

2.Where do I measure from to find the lift height?

3.What's the stock height?

any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 2012-01-23_07-28-09_520.jpg
    2012-01-23_07-28-09_520.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-01-23_07-28-29_62.jpg
    2012-01-23_07-28-29_62.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 19

alexandergrantmyers

Reaction score
same boat

I have an 03 tahoe with a lift also. If you look at where the body connects with the frame itself you should see some body spacers if you have a body lift. you can measure the spacers themselves to figure out what height but usually they are 3 in.

If the spacers are not there then it a leveling kit. There should be some rear spring spacers and the torsion bar would have a new torsion key for it.

pjbabbitt112

Reaction score
It looks like you have at least 3" in the lift already. But quick question, is it safe to do a torsion lift with the stock keys? I've heard both sides of it and i heard its a lot cheaper to do it stock than to pay 70 to 100 dollars for the aftermarket keys.

clkelley

Reaction score
Can you do it? Yes, however, there are draw backs involved. By cranking the tortion bars to achieve lift, you are messing with the factory set geometry of the front suspension by putting more angle on the axles, etc. You are also putting a good bit more pressure on the springs in the keys/t-bars which will not only give you a rougher ride but will also wear them out quicker, especially if you run them all the way up. To do it properly I would do the aftermarket keys.

SuperKeys, ProComp, Cognito, Performance Accessories are all good brands.

If you decide to do the keys, let me know, I can save you some coin on high quality kits.