What do you do?

What do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Am going to wax my (Black) Hoe for the first time ever since i got her and i was wondering do you guys use A buffer or do you do it by hand? And if you could explain that would be sweet.

Thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive always hand waxed mine.. I think you have a bit more control and tend to get everywhere, although it takes more time. But using the machine, always a chance of burning through, well buying the machine ovcourse, and then sometimes you cant get everywhere you want then you have to go back and do that spot by hand.... idk.. suit yourself..

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've a couple of black vehicles. If you wax it by hand, use back and forth strokes--don't buff in a circular motion.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it on by hand and take it off with an orbital buffer. No burn through, just helps speed up the process.

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for all the help guys. I guess am going to be waxing my Hoe by hand. I will be sure to use back and forth strokes not circular thanks for that tip. Now i have another question, when i am applying the wax to the car what should i use to apply it with just any normal cloth? And do you guys have any recommendations for what type of wax i should use? Its my first time :shhh:

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do mine by hand and have always done it that way

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what should i use to apply it with just any normal cloth? And do you guys have any recommendations for what type of wax i should use? Its my first time :shhh:
I use mircrofibre. You might want to cut the tags off before you use the towels just so they don't scratch the paint.

For your first time I would go with an easy wax like Eagle One Nanowax or Meguairs NXT Tech because if you get it on any plastic trim it won't leave any white residue. It won't last as long as a full-blown carnuba wax, but it will be a lot less work and faster. The high tech waxes are pretty good too had hiding minor scratches.

In between waxes, I use Eagle One "Wax-as-you-Dry" because it got good ratings in Consumer Reports. It just helps keep the shine.

That's what I did with my STI, anyway:

The Denali's too big now for me to give it the same treatment as often as I'd like :D.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a fan of zymol, microfiber, and hand waxing for a few years....works fine for me

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Guess am waxing my car by had tomorrow morning i will try and put some pics up so you guys can let me know if it looks ok or not. Thanks for all the help guys.

MrAtticus

Reaction score
Well it took me 3 hours to wax this big B!tch :cryin: but she was well worth it:D
I took some pictures of her so you can see but now i have another question. When i was waxing her i notice these thick water spot that i could not remove by washing them or waxing them off. should i try to use a buffer for such a thing or should i use some more elbow grease to try and remove them? Here she is let me know what you think.

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

MrAtticus

Reaction score
So i should use a better type of wax to remove the water spots? I used what Stargazer suggested that Meguairs NXT Tech but there was 2 kind the liquid kind(the one i got) and the thick clay type, did i get the wrong kind? Or does it do the same thing.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not to big on the liquid wax myself, but its all on personal preference.. what size rims are those?? btw.. lol..