What is the best option for aftermarket bluetooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcass_denali

Reaction score
I have an '07 yukon denali with Nav/dvd and am wondering which aftermarket bluetooth option is best in terms of performance and value. I'd like to have the caller id capability and since I just installed a lock pick for the nav and dvd it needs to be compatible. Hopefully the evntual add of the ipod lock pick will not bbe a proiblem either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into this also. I want the ipod hookup but would also like the Lockpick for the nav/DVD and phone. I guess I want it all.:)
The lockpick I think was $349.00 but i'm not sure if that includes the ipod.
Christmas is coming so I need to make a decision and let the wife know what she's getting me.:smilielol:

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw something at Costco that I thought looked pretty good. It doesn't tie in to the factory stereo, but I thought it looked simple and well designed.

It was a Bluetooth receiver that was built into an all-in-one rear view mirror. It installs over the factory mirror like other aftermarket mirrors, but it offers BT connectivity including caller ID. The caller information appears in the mirror. All you have to do is connect it to power--and I'm sure it can be hardwired like you can do with radar detectors.

It looks simple to install and easy to use and costs about $90. The only thing I'm worried about is that it doesn't auto-dim like the factory mirror. If you have tinted windows, it might not be a problem.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I read somewhere about being able to use the ON STAR mic, but no idea where I saw that at. I thought it was with the lockpick, but not sure.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking when I was at the dealer yesterday. I could have asked about the 09's bluetooth. Maybe its an add-on. But coming from the dealer it might be overpriced.

joetm

Reaction score
i have the lockpick with a parrot bluetooth kit ... any kit from parrot is good ... ive also hear alot about alpine --- the lock pick i got had something built in to over ride the onstar so you can use the blue tooth

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the lockpick with a parrot bluetooth kit ...the lock pick i got had something built in to over ride the onstar so you can use the blue tooth

So did you have to use an after market mic? How clear is it on the other end?

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I remember reading the Lockpick GM-322 has the Onstar override. Does that mean it uses the Onstar Mic? I wasn't sure what that meant. And a Blutooth kit is installed /plugged into the GM-322 correct? So I should get both at the same time to avoid taking apart the radio dash more than once.

HDBluetooth

Reaction score
So did you have to use an after market mic? How clear is it on the other end?

You have to use the microphone included in the Parrot car kit.
Parrot has new car kits that have been just introduced, check it out
at www.safewireless.com, they also have the Scosche Blue Fusion
kit as well, but I don't think the Lockpick is compatible with the Blue Fusion.