What is the purpose of this piece??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005_Chevy_Tahoe_Front.jpg

I have this extra strip thats about 3 inches high that runs inbetween the ground and the other plastic thing that houses the foglights. What's the point of this piece? Scraping driveways? Aerodynamics? I noticed almost everyone on here DOES NOT have it on their Tahoe. Just wondering if I should take it off, I think it looks stupid.

wtf.JPG

Last edited:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking for one of these for my truck, actually. I kinda like the look, and wouldn't mind the extra protection now that my leveling kit is installed and the truck sits a little higher. I'd take it off your hands for the cost of shipping if your interested in just getting rid of it....

Custom73

Reaction score
It's a lower air dam. Supposed to help with aerodynamics and air turbulance. I like the way they look. Several on this site have gone out and bought them to add to their tahoes. But it's all your personal taste. You won't have any problems if you remove it.

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah just rip it off. I dont have it but ive seen it around. Give yourself some more space and take it off.

brixs

Reaction score
it's a front lip... aerodaynamic and make your truck a bit lower.. but if your not feelin it take it off

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 4 replies in under 10 minutes!! HA!

I thought that's what it was for but wasn't sure, my camaro had one like that and when I'd go over steep driveways I'd scrape it so I ripped it off. Is it going to affect my gas mileage? I like getting over 20 on the hwy.. still averages out to about 16.7 mp/tank. :\

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I shoulda searched.. I just found like 3 other threads on this. Myyyyy baaaaaad.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't probably get around to take it off till I get back from the desert. I'll keep u in mind tho

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 4 replies in under 10 minutes!! HA!

I thought that's what it was for but wasn't sure, my camaro had one like that and when I'd go over steep driveways I'd scrape it so I ripped it off. Is it going to affect my gas mileage? I like getting over 20 on the hwy.. still averages out to about 16.7 mp/tank. :\

The one on your Camaro was probably to direct more air to the radiator... 3rd and 4th Gens didn't have much of a grille to bring air in.