What kind of brake pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am changing my brake pads, but I dont know which brand/type to use. I have heard Hawk are good ones, which one do you guys recommend? (I have all OEM brake parts). Thanks!

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
If you have all OEM parts, as far as brakes wheels and tires, i would go with OEM grade pads. Stay away from vatozone, advance, murrays, and checkers blue light sale brake pads. I mean if you wanna trust your life to a set of $15.99 brake pads, then forgo my previous sentence.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am for sure staying with OEM grade pads, but what would you recommend as far as OEM grade pads? Are Hawk better than OEM

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Unfamiliar with hawk brand. Do some research on them. They must meet or exceed OEM standards. BTW, if you are hooked on this Hawk brand, then go with them.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k thanks, I had just heard them mentioned in the forums a couple of times.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hawk ceramic or HPS, the napa ceramix are good too. I'd look at the hawks, much better than any delco pad.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Hawks on my GTO and love 'em but I would stick with the stockers for the hoe. The HPS pads are a bit dusty and wear a little quick, but then again that may have something to do with my driving ;)