What on EARTH?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this thing?!?! Dont ask me where I got the picture, I dont remember, but does anybody know what this is. Looks sorta Tahoe-ish, but kindof eewey for a truck. Guesses?

Attachments

• DCP_1210.JPG
    DCP_1210.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 28

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh oh oh, something just popped in my head (sound the trumpets, this is a rare occurance). I wonder if that could be Chevy's take on the GM Lambda (or whatever the Adadia is) platform.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it could be the Chevrolet version of the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook family. Probably to replace the trailblazer. Kind of hard to tell exactly how big it is though from the picture.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Chevy is calling theirs the Traverse. It's been a couple months since I heard it mentioned. It is to be assembled at the Saturn plant in TN.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Chevy is calling theirs the Traverse. It's been a couple months since I heard it mentioned. It is to be assembled at the Saturn plant in TN.

Are you serious? Traverse? That is awful, they need to get with the GMC guys and come up with a better name...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think thats the travirse as its to big, i have only seen spy pics of the traversu but know it has around the same styling as the enclave, nothing like that.

i hate to say it but i think its a future tahoe but if it is, i will buy a tahoe brabd new what ever year before they put that ugly thing out and keeep it up for the rest of my life or until they change that ugly hunk of junk.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT a Traverse.

It's definitely not a Traverse. See below, and the bowtie is GINORMOUS to the point of absurdity.

Attachments

• 2009-Chevrolet-Traverse.jpg
    2009-Chevrolet-Traverse.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it. Chevrolet Cheyenne Concept

Nevermind about the above post. Anyway, it's a Chevrolet Cheyenne concept. I disagree with all of you above, I think it's awesome But, yes, that front-on angle isn't particularly flattering... Oh well, to each his own! The only think I don't like are the rims and tires. The rims are too "bling-y" for me. And could you imagine cruising down the highway at 70MPH on those tractor tires?!? :eek2: Oh yes, they do look rugged though.

Apparently it's been around for several years.

Attachments

• TorqueOmata2726.jpg
    TorqueOmata2726.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on this article, I think it's possible we may be looking at the next GM truck / SUV platform... BUT, obviously, we've got the GMT900's now. Maybe the GMT900's are just a transitional design to get us to this. Can you imagine a Hoe / Burb / Yuke / Esky on this platform? Those could be seriously funky looking, in a good way... Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait another couple/few years and see what hits the auto shows.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the research Getwired, can't say I'm a fan of that concept truck though...

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not a Traverse. See below, and the bowtie is GINORMOUS to the point of absurdity.

Wait, are you sure? That looks a little too similar to the outlook, see below. I think the picture is of the concept truck, but I don't think that Traverse picture is real...

Saturn-outlook-silver-front-3-4-resized.jpg

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if that is the platform for the Chevy full-size trucks, I will have to give my opinion when the truck actually launches. When the GMT-900s came out, I thought they were ugly as sin and swore I would never ever EVER own one. Apperantly I warmed up to the design and now drive an '07 Tahoe. I still miss the big chrome trucky grilles though.... Have to say that truck pictured above is uglier then any sin I've ever committed.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like it. I can almost picture it with a 4/6inch lift sitting on 35 inch tires. Just kidding. But i can picture sitting on 24's.