What version Nav disc do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butlermd

Reaction score
We picked up a new Tahoe last week. The Nav disc was missing and the dealer came back with one labeled version 1 and 2005. I told him I was certain there was a newer one available and he pulled a version 2 disc allegedly out of another new Tahoe on the lot. Can anyone else with a recent purchase of a new 2007 verify the version of your nav disc. 5-6 months ago I recieved version 3 for my 2006 Corvette but I believe the Nav systems are different and just wanted to be sure we recieved the correct disc.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got version 2 when I got my Tahoe in June.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the GM website:
Beginning with the '06 MY, again, for those GM vehicles with the GM Navigation System (excluding Saab), we will be introducing a new Subscription program, where customers will receive two disc updates at no charge on their first and second anniversaries from the vehicle date of purchase. Those vehicles that qualify under the Subscription program will be mailed a postcard a couple of months prior to their anniversary dates. That postcard will contain instructions on how to subscribe to this program offering.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my first free Upgarde in June 2007 (bought 07 Tahoe in June 2006). It is version 2.0.

RandyDenali

Reaction score
According to the GM website:
Beginning with the '06 MY, again, for those GM vehicles with the GM Navigation System (excluding Saab), we will be introducing a new Subscription program, where customers will receive two disc updates at no charge on their first and second anniversaries from the vehicle date of purchase. Those vehicles that qualify under the Subscription program will be mailed a postcard a couple of months prior to their anniversary dates. That postcard will contain instructions on how to subscribe to this program offering.

Can you send me the link to that on GM's website, I asked the dealer which I just bought my new 07 Yukon Denali through and he said that was not offered.

Thanks,

Randy

Thundergod

Reaction score
I checked out that gmnavdisc website, and when you try and sign up for the free subscription, it wants you VIN and a "control number". How do you get this control number? Does GM send you a post card on your purchase date anniversary with this control number? (it sounds to me like that's what they're trying to say).

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you get mail from GM 1 year after your purchase, that will have the info you need to get your disc. If you have onstar you can contact them for clarification.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM does send you a card a year after you buy the truck. You can use the info on the car to request the free upgrade.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not always

I never rec'd a card, had to send them an e-mail. Rec'd the new DVD fairly quickly.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current nav disc is GM part number 25850927 which includes Alaska and came out around July this year.
The previous nav disc was GM part number 15934919