Wheel balancing - Dynabeads, anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any GMT900 Denali owners here that can vouch for Dynabeads in their tires? How do you like them? Do/will they munge up the TPMS? I'd love to lose the wheel weights, and the factory balance never has seemed 100%, even after a few adjustments at the dealer last year... These would keep me riding smooth as silk, basically forever.

For the uninitiated: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Any info appreciated, especially from any GM techs with a clue. :umn:

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never heard of these but there are other ways to balance the wheel so you dont have the weights on the outside. I had mine static balanced and they only put the clip weights on the inside of the wheel.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never heard of these but there are other ways to balance the wheel so you dont have the weights on the outside. I had mine static balanced and they only put the clip weights on the inside of the wheel.

Yup -- same here, but eventually that balance will be "off" due to normal wear, or you'll lose a weight. Nice thing about these is that they will always balance...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds intresting, gunna have to talk to my wheel and tire guy about that. thanks for the link. with all the jumps i do accross moving trains and rivers, trying to out drive Roscoe P. Coltrain. My tires tend to get out of balance :brsh1::D:D

no seriously, thats very cool actully. thanks for the link.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not use with TPMS sensors. Fine dust will block the sensor holes, in the long run. Balancing and rebalancing the wheels on a regular interval, or as required is the best proven method.

Thanks Kutza. So, I take it you've been hosed by using these things before, or something?

kutza

Reaction score
Thanks Kutza. So, I take it you've been hosed by using these things before, or something?

Lets just say that I have been learning more about these things recently, and there is still a whole bunch more to know about them still.