wheel / tire set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidacad

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to this site. I have a 07 white tahoe. Just ordered custom MOZ V-10 24" http://www.mozwheels.com/wheel.cfm?&cat=127&maincat=32
the company wants to wrap them in continental 315/35/24 tires. Mainly because they say it's the best tire out there for big wheels down in Houston since we have no snow and that the 315 is really the size of the 305. They say the 315 was really sized like a 305 and that I will be fine. This has really got me concerned and for the amount of money this is all costing I want it to be right. I personally feel that nothing bigger than 305/35/24 should be on there and i will be lowering the rear 2" to match the front.
Can anyone provide any insight to this claim about the continental tire and concerns with the 315/35/24 having problems on my tahoe.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all going to be about the offset of the wheels. I would say that the 315 are going to be a bit much and you should stick to the 305's that many other members are running. You will probably have rubbing.

As for the Continental tires....I have the Continental Cross Contact's and they are fantastic IMO. They are non-directional as well so i can rotate them at all 4 corners.