Where to buy Factory NAV unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since JP Customs is now closed does anyone know another outlet on the internet to buy the Factory DVD Nav unit? I've looked on Ebay but not sure I'm ready to go that route and not have any warranty at all and spend that much money.

Thanks for any info

mkim1120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since JP Customs is now closed does anyone know another outlet on the internet to buy the Factory DVD Nav unit? I've looked on Ebay but not sure I'm ready to go that route and not have any warranty at all and spend that much money.

Thanks for any info

i am looking to sale my factory nav, it does not come with dvd capabilities, but i did get nav-tv installed with toggle switch and also have a savv 1/2 din installed in the center console. i am able to watch dvds while in drive and also have a hanging 10.4'' overhead ( replaced the 15.4 '' installed previously ) but decreased the size b/c it was toooooo big for my kids eyes...
DSC05552.jpg

i am in the process of getting a custom lcd installed in the front console.
i can have pictures of the setup if your interested

cwt4

Reaction score
please post pictures of the setup, I am interested in doing the same thing, with the dvd player in the center console. Pics of the setup would be very helpful in my decision making. Also, what is nav-tv?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am looking to sale my factory nav, it does not come with dvd capabilities, but i did get nav-tv installed with toggle switch and also have a savv 1/2 din installed in the center console. i am able to watch dvds while in drive and also have a hanging 10.4'' overhead ( replaced the 15.4 '' installed previously ) but decreased the size b/c it was toooooo big for my kids eyes...
i am in the process of getting a custom lcd installed in the front console.
i can have pictures of the setup if your interested

Thanks for the offer but if I'm going to upgrade to the Factory NAV unit I would like to go a head and spend a few more bucks and get the DVD movie version.

mkim1120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please post pictures of the setup, I am interested in doing the same thing, with the dvd player in the center console. Pics of the setup would be very helpful in my decision making. Also, what is nav-tv?

no problem
will have pics up later today
nav-tv allows the factory navigation unit to recognize a video input and allows viewing of dvds while in motion
factory systems will not allow you to watch dvds while driving
even if one were to purchase a navigation with dvd capabilities you still would need to purchase nav-tv ($500 w/ installation) or lockpick ($300 w/ install ) device in order to watch dvds in motion
what i didnt like about lockpick was that you have to go thru so many motions to get it to work, unlock the doors twice and hit the blinker, or whatever/however you unlock the cars factory lock on the navigation.
nav tv installs a toggle switch allowing you to switch back and forth from the navigation to video source
i like how i dont have to change the dvd chapters myself and the savvv dvd player allows the kids to do it themselves by remote and if i want to watch what they are watching i can just reach and flip the toggle switch over.