Where to buy seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
I'm looking for ebony 2nd row captain's chairs from a Denali or Escalade for my Tahoe, but I still can't find what I'm looking for online.

I tried GM's part website but it looks like I'd have to order several other parts just to get the complete seats assembled, whereas other websites might know exactly what I need.

Also, if I buy these what modifications will I have to do in order to get the captains to fit, and also get the power-fold and heat working?

Thanks!

convoyduel

Reaction score
The best place is eBay, but I have only ever found them packaged with the front seats. New from the dealer they are outrageous and walk out the door laughable.

I cannot stress enough that there are two very different types of ebony leather on these GM's. I still have not found a definitive answer on which vehicles have which leather, but typically the Chevy ebony leather of late is very grainy and rough. The leather most seem to prefer is the softer and smoother ebony leather. If you don't match them, they look like junk.

The captains chairs are a direct bolt-in replacement for the 60/40 bench. You will also need a new set of floor covers as the single piece cover below the 60/40 bench will not work.

The power fold are an option for the 2nd row, but the heat is standard on the captains with leather. You will have to construct your own wiring circuit, and the difficulty in tying the circuit in depends on whether or not your vehicle already has heated seats. You're going to get into a lot of work for these functions. I'm not really sure you'll want to tackle it on your own unless you are very very good with electrical wiring, especially vehicle electrical circuits.

If you don't do this right, it WILL void part or all of your warranty (and based on some of the things I have seen, I cannot fault GM).

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too long and expensive mod Thetahoe, just keep your bench and use the money on a leveling/lowering kit or some performance/wheel mods or something.

convoyduel

Reaction score
Nnaboy has a good point, but its can be a trade off. As for me, when I started looking, I was determined to get a tahoe or suburban with ebony 2nd row captains. I bought my '07 LS very very cheap with 29K on it. I was patient and found my complete set of seats, center console and 3rd row (all from 0 mile vehicles). In total, I have well less than $2K in the entire mod, right at $1K after I sold off the stock LS equipment. That's a far cry from the $10K or more I would have had to pay up for a used vehicle with the seats or $20K up for a new one. The two others I have done for others have been at similar prices for the mod.

It's also a function of patience and luck.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
Thanks guys. Yeah I see that it'll be a hard project but my dad has made his living doing things like this, so I'm pretty confident that we could do it.

A guy working on our Denali project with us, aka my dad's best friend, is actually going to put 08 Denali seats in his 80's Suburban, and hire a guy to wire them to allow the heated seats to work. So if that can actually be done, I have a feeling that doing that on an 08 Tahoe will be much easier. :)

But ehh, I'm not really dying to have the heated/power seats. I'm mainly just wanting the captain's chairs alone, but if the project of getting the power-folding and heat to work is doable, then I might consider doing it.

convoyduel

Reaction score
Here is the heated circuit for you.

Attachments

• Rear Folding Seats Circuit.JPG
    Rear Folding Seats Circuit.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 11

mohspeed

Reaction score
There's a place in Dallas called The Seat Shop (972-242-3483). They also sell on ebay as well but you could give them a call and see what they have.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
dont mean to thread jack but if i have the 60/40 split second row w/o the pwr fold option, how hard is it to add the pwr fold? is it just a matter of running wire and a switch? or d the seats need a motor of some sort? thanks