Where To Put A 12" Woofer In A 07 Tahoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richierich78

Reaction score
Since nobody has mentioned it yet JL Audio makes a stealthbox 10" subwoofer that fits underneath the center console. Looks pretty sweet, unfortunately I have the bench front seat so I can't get it :(

I looked at the site, they don't have anybody listed to install it... Any recommendations? Since it's in such proximity to the nav system I need somebody I can :cuss: if something get's screwed up...

whitez71hoe

Reaction score
i bought it and having a local audio place install it. i just bought the box from the site, then bougth a jl 10in w6 and amp from the audio store

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the site, they don't have anybody listed to install it... Any recommendations? Since it's in such proximity to the nav system I need somebody I can :cuss: if something get's screwed up...

If you find a local car audio dealer they can order that for you and install it. They'll probably tell you you'll need a new amp and they are right. The bose amp is crap from what I hear, and won't be able to push the JL. If you do go that route, you'd probably be better served by supplying them with the proper harness as every place I've been to wants to sell me a high level converter for 10x the cost of the proper harness.

whitez71hoe

Reaction score
if you are going to put a different sub in it make sure that you tell them when ordering the box so the have the mounting depth right

rgncjn

Reaction score
Sub Options

Has anyone glassed subs into the back hatch? I imagine you could fit two 8's ported or one 10 ported. I also seen a custom center console made between the two middle bucket seats.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock struts and probably the power lift gate (if so equipped) maybe can't handle the additional weight.

rgncjn

Reaction score
Well didn't think about that at first but now that you mention it I'm sure that a stiffer gas shock could be used to aid the power lift gate. I thought it would be a good place for them just wondering what kinda of room was available in there and if it had been done.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Snomon, do you have any problems with your amps overheating being stuffed under the console? Do you have any sort of ventilation? What is the model of your sub? I'm reconsidering glassing it in the back like you have it as opposed to sacrificing the storage in the center console for one. TIA!

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gambler, I see from your sig that you want audio overhaul. Here's a list of what I did.

I have the 4-channel and new JBL amp stuffed in center console with no overheat probs and no special ventilation. (knock on wood)

The JBL is pretty good sized, see link for spec dimensions.

Here's a list of the final hardware. Most of it I transferred from prior 01 Yukon then 03 Denali, now 07 Tahoe, so I've definitely got my money's worth out of the equipment. It pays to hang on stock stuff for the "deinstall"

4-Channel Amp:
Link to legacy area of Xtant (config'd with high level inputs from factory NAV unit):
http://www.xtant.com/archives/html/products/xtant4.4.cfm

JBL 700 Mono Amp:
Just upgraded 2 months ago.
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO7001

Sub: Boston Pro 10.54:
Legacy status, link below is for the manual.
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/manuals/CarSubMan.pdf

Front Separates: Boston Pro 6.5s. Tweeter moved up to Bose front pillers
Legacy status, link below is replacement
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=14&family_id=20&product_id=296

Back Door: Boston Pro 6.5s. Mounted standard 2 way config same as above.

Coming this Saturday: Losing the ipod lockpick (works but kind of buggy) and having Peripheral's PXAMG Ipod/Audio gateway with HD Radio auxiliary module (HDRT) installed. Stay tuned for the results!!!!

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone have a clean non-cellphone picture of the rear driverside compartment. We need to get this forum up to speed. Every past vehicle I owned I could find what ever I need on the forums.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone have a clean non-cellphone picture of the rear driverside compartment. We need to get this forum up to speed. Every past vehicle I owned I could find what ever I need on the forums.

You mean like this one?
tahoe_stripped.jpg

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gambler, I see from your sig that you want audio overhaul. Here's a list of what I did...

Hey Snomon, thanks. I went with the Boston Acoustics G510.44. It is a great sub and you were right it doesn't take much space either! I got it to fit in the center console along with my 2 amps. I'm still finishing up the details, I will post all the pics in a new thread when I'm done. I am running Alpine Type X Components up front and I'm not using rears as I don't personally care about rear-fill. The 10" is capable of getting WAAY louder than I would ever want.

Oh, and how did that IPOD/HD radio kit work?

Last edited:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for punching in Gambler. Just got my HO less than a month ago so I will be documenting all the mods I do. Trying to sell off some toys so I can dump the money into the truck.

Do you have a pic of the otherside. I am curious to see what all the blower motor stuff likes like in there.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a pic of the other side, I'm pretty sure it is crammed full though. I found that pic above while researching places to stick my sub a few months ago.