Which Drop with 24"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. Furley

Reaction score
I bought a 07 2wd Tahoe LT yesterday. I test drove another Tahoe on the lot with Ground Force drop and 24." The tires sounded like they did rub a bit when turning. What drop is recommended with 24"? Looks like most companies do a 2" front and 3" back. Is one better for whatever reason over the other? And is towing affected in any way?

Thanks

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will tow the same with the drop coils but you may have some rubbing up front with the ground force drop. My buddy has slight rubbing occasionally with te stock 22's and 285/45/22 bridgestones on his 07 esco with the ground force kit. Pay attention to which offset and run a narrow tire to ensure less clearance issues, towing with 24's isn't the best idea but if you grenade the clutch on the evo you'll need something to tow it home with :thumbsup:

Mextahoe24

Reaction score
It will tow the same with the drop coils but you may have some rubbing up front with the ground force drop. My buddy has slight rubbing occasionally with te stock 22's and 285/45/22 bridgestones on his 07 esco with the ground force kit. Pay attention to which offset and run a narrow tire to ensure less clearance issues, towing with 24's isn't the best idea but if you grenade the clutch on the evo you'll need something to tow it home with :thumbsup:

hey hommie I have my hoe with some 305/35/24" which wheels do you recomend me to lower it cause i know that this wheels are to big and are to width that they will rub cause they are coming out the fender like about 1inch which wheel size do I need so that I can lower my hoe cause I want to bolt on the kelderman air ride which can lower ur hoe 5 inches but they wont work on the wheels I have right know.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has slight rubbing occasionally with te stock 22's and 285/45/22 bridgestones on his 07 esco with the ground force kit. Pay attention to which offset and run a narrow tire to ensure less clearance issues

A lot of people use the 285/45-22 tires on their 22 inch wheels. When I go on aftermarket wheel websites it is usually the most commonly suggested tire. However, in my research I have found that 275/45-22 is actually closer to the stock tire outside diameter. There are a number of pros and cons to using 275/45-22s however

Pros: the 275 is a slightly narrower and shorter tire than the 285. Not by
much, but nontheless, a 275 will rub a little less than a 285. Also, tire manufacturers consider the 275/45-22 size a sport truck tire. They more orientated towards handling and dry grip, which may also be considered a con if you wanted more of a true all-season tire. Final pro to the 275 is that size is nearly identical to stock outside diameter and your speedo will be correct.

Cons: the 275 is not a commonly stocked tire and there is generally less selection. Lack of selection, plus the fact that they are more considered a sport tire means, the 275s typically cost a little more than the 285s. Also, sport tires are softer and will wear out faster than all but the grippiest 285s.

As I am installing some Pedders lowering springs into my 07 Z71 Suburban next week, I have already decided that I will be using 275's as I value the pros more than the cons of these tires:thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

the pedders man

Reaction score
I bought a 07 2wd Tahoe LT yesterday. I test drove another Tahoe on the lot with Ground Force drop and 24." The tires sounded like they did rub a bit when turning. What drop is recommended with 24"? Looks like most companies do a 2" front and 3" back. Is one better for whatever reason over the other? And is towing affected in any way?

Thanks

You can Use our PEDDERS drop springs and Be Fine the drop is 60MM also towing will still be fine....Frank

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, the Pedders drop was installed and it looks great. Better yet, the ride is improved. Check out my review of the Pedders drop here:
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383
People will definately take notice of this drop, yet it won't turn your ride into a tire rubbing beast.

Mextahoe24:
That 5 inch Kelderman air ride will only be useful when parked as that would be the only time you could drop it that low without desroying something.

Mr Furley:
I used to have a 2004 Evo8. Trust me, you will be impressed with the Pedders ride.

S

smmperformance

We offer all brands of kits, you have your choices! They all work fairly well, but I would probably suggest an Eibach kit, we have used these in the past with great success and hundreds of happy customers!

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I am not affiliated with Pedders and I'm not trying to sell a particular brand. I'm a seasoned automotive enthusiast and know quality when I see (and feel it). Make your own decisions. Just be sure you are informed!

300C SRT8

Reaction score
I just installed the Eibach Pro kit for my 08 Tahoe... it rides awesome, and looks great.. totally leveled out the stance. I researched all the others... I had McGaughys on my 04 Silverado SS and hated it, and the Pedders kit looks nice, its just too expensive. Over $1000 just for shocks and coils... thats too much. The Eibach kit is perfect for me, and I am very critical when it comes to suspension ride and handling. I am used to sports cars with aggressive stances and handling, and the Tahoe drives pretty good for an SUV.. (nothing like a Jeep SRT8 though :cool: )

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice......!!!! I have the same drop... I will also have to post some pictures of my 2- tone SRT 8 300 I just got out of the shop last week.......

ockevin

Reaction score
If you want to bag it.....Then Kelderman is the hot ticket.

300C SRT8

Reaction score
I am not going to get into a flame war of lowering kit manufactures, but I will never buy a product (ie. McGaughys) that will not warranty a brand new defective part and that is a piece of junk. I had so many issues with the last kit I bought from them. To each his own, but the owner of McGaugys has a bad rep.. just do a search on SilveradoSS.com and you will see a LOT of unhappy people.

CIATAHOE: I wanna see your SRT8, so post pics up when you get them! I am going to post pics of my Tahoe in the next day or so when I get some time to snap a pic and copy it up. I am very happy with how the Eibach kit came out... it lowered it the perfect amount without having the slammed look, but making it look agressive. I had to trim a little fender plastic on the rear so it doesnt rub as much, and thats the only issue. I did not need an alignment kit either, it came out completely within spec after the alignment.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSC_0033.jpg

300C SRT8

Reaction score
Dude your SRT8 is badass man... I will take a picture of mine when it gets out of the BODY SHOP because Tuttle Click Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Lake Forest had my SRT8 for the past 3 days to fix my squeeking brakes and some weird sounds, and some service guy took it for a 10 mile driving spree and destroyed my front bumper!! They told me my wife to f**k off, and were telling me to leave that I brought it in that way and it was only driven 1 mile... then we looked at the odometer and it showed the guy drove it for 10 miles... they shut their mouths and told me they will fix it. I cant believe this... between GM and Chrysler dealerships in the past week I have had a nightmare! I cant stand dealerships anymore...

Anyways...you gotta love SRT8s... has your Brembos started sqeeking yet? Mine did at 3k miles and took it in at 13k, and Tuttle Click didnt want to warranty them... so I called and made a complaint with Chrysler and they replaced my pads and slotted rotors and warrantied them. Took the dealership almost 3 days to do that !! Pathetic.. avoid those guys

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Partner bought the srt8 pictured above. I could not handle the payments.

Have not heard the squeeking from the brembos yet.