Which exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking a lot about replacing my exhaust with a performance one but i dont want to make my tahoe lauder than stock (I have headers allready). I have a silverado with a Borla exhaust and at first it was very cool but man, on long trips, it gets very anoying :cryin: . So, Ive been considering the following:

1.- chevy touring exhaust $ 600 (there is a lauder performance version)
2.- Corsa touring exhaust $ 940
3.- Magnaflow $ 540

What do you guys think? should I keep my stock exhaust and save some $? thankx in advance :thumbsup:

Robert

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa Touring! I personally would do Sport, it sounds perfect, the touring is too quiet. They can be had for much cheaper than $940

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking around on YOUTUBE.com and found some videos of SLPs system that sounds sweet but not sure how I would like it for everyday use might get on your nerves. I was at my local performance shop this weekend and talked with one of the owners that has a new Tahoe and he said out of all the systems he has installed and heard the Magnaflow and Corsa had the best results with a good sound outside but factory sound inside.

PS: He had his Tahoe on the Dyno and told me that he tried several program changes and he could not best the new programmer by Hybertech. He said he picked up over 25HP and 2.5 MPG with the Hybertech unit and was very pleased with the results.

Here is a link to the SLP video just to give you a idea of how it sounds..
enjoy..:lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lRB_B5S5s6U

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was sweet! I too have been kicking around the idea of a Corsa Sport but haven't pulled the trigger. Their website also has sound clips that make me drool!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gibson Duel Extreme set-up and love it. You can get it at Performance Products with the 20% discount and free shipping right now for $308.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not certain, but you might want to look at the Corsa and GM very closely. Indeed, they may be the same exhaust as I have read that Corsa makes the "GM" unit. Just a thought before you drop the bucks.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not certain, but you might want to look at the Corsa and GM very closely. Indeed, they may be the same exhaust as I have read that Corsa makes the "GM" unit. Just a thought before you drop the bucks.

Corsa used to make GM but now it's made by Borla. The GM Perf. Exh. is a straight thru packed with stainless steel wool. Gets a little louder after some miles are put on it.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Shark. It's always better to have accurate information. I have a friend with a Borla system on his Corvette and, in addition to the added horses, he said he got 2mpg increase right away.

JWRIS

Reaction score
I just put on a Zoomers Cat Back last weekend sounds awesome with no cabin drone.

Jayce030

Reaction score
the consensus seems to be either Corsa or Magnaflow... decisions decisions

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the consensus seems to be either Corsa or Magnaflow... decisions decisions

Once again i will throw my 2 cents in. I spent nearly $800 for corsa and it was the best money i have ever spent. Maybe a steep price, but it is worth every penny.

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a Gibson on our old Blazer. It was definitely nice. I think they call it the quiet giant or something like that because they make power, but not a lot of noise.

Jayce030

Reaction score
I'm also leaning towards the pricier Corsa system, not sure if the woman is going to like the sound though... hows the sound inside the cab?

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the corsa sport/touring there is no drone in the cab at any speed. It actually is surprisingly quiet. I have to roll down the windows and drive by a solid object (car, wall) to even really here it. Yet outside the vehicle, it sounds great. Its loud, throaty, and has an exhaust note i have not heard from any other system. My friend has had one on his sierra denali for a year or so. he recommended it, but i was weary of the steep price. I finally found a good deal and bit the bullet and have not looked back. I love it! I am using it on a 2003 tahoe and he has it on a 2005 sierra, but the concept is the same. The corsa is known for no in cab drone, and "quiet when you need it to be, loud when you want it to be". I don't know if you have active fuel management on your truck, but i have heard that when running on 4 cylinders that the sound changes, but i have no first hand experience. Someone else may know more on the V4 mode. Any exhaust will sound good and provide better fuel economy, but you cant go wrong with the corsa.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any advantage to doing exhaust on an '07 Denali? With the 6.2, and the stock 3.5" exhaust, is there any advantage to getting an alternate setup? Corsa seems like the way to go, but if I did something like that, I think I'd really like a dual rear-exit system with twin tips on each side... :shhh: Does anyone even make a system like that yet?

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup -- was looking at that Corsa page earlier. ;) Corsa, Gibson, and Volant offer side exit systems, but I'm taken with the look of a dual rear exit system... I'll just wait till somebody comes out with one like that, I suppose. Thanks!