Whiplash Suspension Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an older Rough County 6" lift on my '98 Yukon that I am considering replacing. Reading, I have learned that many here prefer the ProComp kits but they only go to 6" and I am looking for a little more. Was referred to Whiplash Suspensions and found that they have an 8" kit that would fit the bill. Does anyone have any experience with this company. Good, bad or whatever? Thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first time i've heard of them.

have you looked into the solid front axle swap? you can put tons more lift with the SFA than you can the IFS. over 6" lift on the original IFS can cause you some crap problems with shaft angles (from what i've read)

If i could go back before i bought the Procomp kit i would have done the solid front end and a 12" spring lift.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whiplash is crap on the obs trucks, go with a cepek 6.5" or the pro comp and a 2 or 3" body lift. Solid axle swap is gonna run into the $8k-$10k region if done properly (dana 60 or hd44, 14ff, driveshafts, wheels, tires, brakes, not to mention the fabrication).