Why did you get a Tahoe/Yukon over an Acadia/Enclave/Outlook?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuckyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a large SUV guy for years. I started with an old K5 Blazer back in the day, but I admit I looked hard at the Acadia and my wife was very interested in the Buick because of the amenities and interior.

In the end I went back to the Yukon because the interior was just as nice IMHO, the gas mileage wasn't that much different and the room was a bonus. With the rebates and financing the Yukon was a better price as the dealer wouldn't deal on the Acadia or the Enclave.

I like the Acadia but it doesn't handle better and while it's a tiny amount smaller - it isn't easier to park or drive.

Game, Set and Match to the Yukon. I think GM has a nice vehicle in the new Lambda cars but they need to be about $3000 cheaper than the out the door price for a Yukon.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Tahoe because I need a vehicle that has 4wd, seats at least 6, can tow 5000 pounds, has good storage capacity, is pleasant to drive, and not overly large(like a suburban).
The tahoe easily beat out the competition(armada, land cruiser/lexus LX, jeep commander, and aspen and durango). While some of the other trucks had features that the Tahoe doesn't have, the Tahoe is the best overall. What I wish the tahoe had is bluetooth, full time 4wd, and better sound than bose.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
We bought the Tahoe LT2 because of safety and comfort and a great kid and stuff hauler. I keep telling my wife I want 2 Tahoe's as to me you can't put a price on safety and both my wife would feel horrible if we lost a family member to a car accident because we were worried about gas mileage, so we just eat out less, no big deal as I would rather be safe.I have always known that GM makes good reliable trucks, that and my wife has always liked Tahoe's

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Styling, it's 4x4, and I need to use it.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask that - I had a '97 Tahoe and when shopping for my new one, actually looked at the Acadia. Liked it alot, but because of the lack of availability, HIGH price and first year model, I decided for a few thousand more, I could get what I REALLY wanted - a 2007 Z71. :thumbsup:

My wife wishes I had gone with the Acadia but I will never, ever regret my decision. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever had and would recommend it to anyone. :D

EchoBravo

Reaction score
I wanted the Mazda CX-9 or a similar crossover. I've never been an SUV guy or - dare I say it - a domestic guy. My wife wanted a full-size vehicle for our weekend family hauler. The PD I work for just got a couple of new Tahoes and I loved the styling. A week later, we started looking at them seriously and the rest is history.

I like the Tahoe so far. It's definitely an adjustment coming from a sedan, but I don't hate the decision. I'm guessing, in time, I'll learn to love the Tahoe as I would've the crossover.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is easier to go from a sedan to a tahoe than from a tahoe to a sedan.
When I drive a sedan after getting my tahoe I feel like I am wearing a straitjacket.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I look for a Tahoe the other choices are the GMC version or the Avalanche.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wanted the Acadia, due to the high floor in the 2nd rows seats we purchased the Yukon. The seat tracks for the fancy folding seats made the floor high and uncomfortable to sit in the second row. Also concerned about stuff getting in the open seat tracks.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is easier to go from a sedan to a tahoe than from a tahoe to a sedan.
When I drive a sedan after getting my tahoe I feel like I am wearing a straitjacket.

Don't get me wrong but taking the Suburban it really feels small to me. You know I normally drive a F-250 CC LWB. Cannot imagine myself in a small car, even a Smart. Had recently been in a Mercedes E class. Besides it is crap it felt mor than small to me.

Jim

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally wanted an H3 but there is no way the H3 could carry all of the stuff we carry, and the H2 sucks gas like there's no tomorrow!

I like the H2 off road, but the style is awful and the storage is poor.

yukonpyro

Reaction score
I have to admit the Acadia really peaked my interest and I seriously considered it. I ended up with the Yukon because of my towing needs. So far I know I made the right decision and as soon as I can stop the sagging rear end when I tow it will be excellent! The Lamda cars are an excellent step forward for GM but I agree with Bucky that they are $3000 higher than they should be.

tgt624824

Reaction score
We also drove and were very close to pulling the trigger on the Acadia...the things that didn't sit well with me:

-The acadia is a FWD vehicle with the rear wheels kicking in when needed with the AWD system (didn't like the feel of that...)
-Engine/Power - that's a HEAVY vehicle for the HP of the v6, a bit sluggish for me
-Ride quality (to me, the ride of the yukon was substantially better)
-With the discounts, rebates, and negotiations we got the Denali for 3k more than the Acadia with the options we wanted, to me that's a no brainer....

Don't get me wrong...there was MANY things we liked about the Acadia....but you just asked why we got the Yukon over it. ;) We test drove the Denali...that made it an easy choice in the end (wouldn't have even looked at the Denali either had the price of the SLT2 with the options we wanted hadn't been so close to the Denali in price...I guess there's a reason for everything).

-Travis

1BadPig

Reaction score
We were deciding between Saturn Outlook and Tahoe. The wife likes the Outlook's ride (much softer) and size. However, when we asked them to do a dealer search on the color and equipment they acted like it was a lot of work and appeared to be less than enthusiastic about it. When we went to our Chevy dealer (bought 2 Chevys in 3 years), they pulled up what we wanted and voila! in 45 seconds we found the exact Tahoe we were looking for... also the extra incentives helped too ;) .

CobraKai

Reaction score
We looked at the Acadia briefly, but it just seemed a little cramped on the inside for my taste, and I liked the interior and exterior styling of the Tahoe much better. I don't have a lot of towing need (which is why I was okay with getting a 3.43 axle ratio), and the Acadia did fit most of my needs, but it's really priced too closely to the Tahoe/Yukon for me to consider dropping down to it.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask that - I had a '97 Tahoe and when shopping for my new one

:iagree:
I bought a 98 Tahoe 2D 4x4 new in 1997 and thought I would never get rid of it. I loved it, but when the 2007 came out that was the first model since then when I saw it I had get one.