Why Is It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that a Tahoe takes 6 qts of oil and the majority of dealer specials for oil change and lube only provide 5 qts of oil for the price stated in their promotions. There is always a extra charge for the required 6th qt to top off the oil change. I have no where to perform the oil change myself so I have to go to a dealer. That's messed up!

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that a Tahoe takes 6 qts of oil and the majority of dealer specials for oil change and lube only provide 5 qts of oil for the price stated in their promotions. There is always a extra charge for the required 6th qt to top off the oil change. I have no where to perform the oil change myself so I have to go to a dealer. That's messed up!

I noticed the same thing on my 300C. I guess I can expect the same w/ the Tahoe.... Oh well :cool:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is without resorting to avocadoes, is that the preponderance of vehicles take five or less qts.