Will my garage opener in my 08 tahoe work with key off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deacon

Reaction score
I looked but could not find the answer. After installing a new Liftmaster garage door motor in our new home I discover I will need to buy a Repeater Kit from Liftmaster. The price is only 25 plus shipping but aside from being pi__ed that I even have to do that I have a decision to make based on whether or not the Tahoe's' remote will work with the motor off & key removed. I have to leave my 08 T outside and I am not sure if I want to even buy & program it if the garage door can be opened when I am gone or asleep. I have got a lot of answers but I know the T forum will have the correct one. I may just get a remote Keypad for outside, or just do what I have been doing and that is to carry my remote in & out when I leave.

rcccm

Reaction score
I have a 2005 and yes it will open the garage door without the key being in the ignition.

Deacon

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I ordered the repeater from Liftmaster so I can program my wife car. She parks in the garage so that would safe, but I park outside so I think I will just get a wireless for outside the wall. Thanks for the answer, it will save me some time.