WIND NOISE ISSUE? I haven't heard about it on here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a few of the previous posts, I'm in the minority - no wind noise here. :excited: 16k+ mileage and counting.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear wind noise, but a lot less than in my commuter car (05 Scion xB). Remember that both of these cars are about as aerodynamic as a flying brick.

gibbynd

Reaction score
:please see my post "Wind Noise Fix." My dealer found a solution yesterday that worked for me.

fmfrm250

Reaction score
07 denali owner no wind noise and I regualrly drive at max speeds as from kingman arizona to las vegas is wide open desert!! But the 05 envoy I traded in had some most notebly when I encountered CROSS WINDS. The other day when the cross winds were 40 - 50 mph, I had just a little. Same stretch I blow the cobwebs out of my big block chevelle evry few months!!! BTW, I feel like I baller in my Denali !!!! Is that ok?

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a dollar bill and put it on the A pillar weatherstrip and close the door and see how hard it is to pull it our. It should pull fairly hard. You can do this until you find a loose spot and then that area can be either adjusted by moving the door in or moving the seal outward.

I might have to try that. I've started to notice a bit more noise than before. Hope its just me. :D The Denali was pretty quiet.
I did had my doors handle replaced recently.

cttownsend

Reaction score
Wind Noise '01

Yea,...I got it bad and it DOES exist. Just bought it from a hack and slowing making it "right." Drivers door wind is ridiculous. Weatherstripping is intact, hinges do not sag and gaps are all good. I can stick my finger opn the inside of the weather molding and feel the top of the door rattle. Today I'm going to try something numerous people swear by......open the window, brace the door and pull inward on the top. Sounds reasonable,....and just cause you've been lucky and yours Doesn't leak,...it doesn't mean others aren't suffering (general noise PITA and cold draft in Winter).....

jbwilson1995

Reaction score
I have been all over the place reading about the new tahoe's, yuks, denali, eska's and everyone seems to be coming outta the woodwork with hurrendous stories of wind noise from the driver side door with no fixes in sight. Most have had the dealer try everything and yet it does not go away. Some are saying unbearable above 60mph. Wow! Whats the deal, are any of you guys experiencing this? :wow:
We hear a high pitch whistle noise constantly in our 16 Tahoe. Some might call it wind noise and it gets louder the faster we go. Gives us headaches and is very annoying. They can't find the source and since there isn't a bulletin on it the dealership says they can't do anything about it.