WIND NOISE ISSUE? I haven't heard about it on here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only noise I hear is from my exhaust and my mud terrian tires!

Taz1033

Reaction score
Wind Noise

My 2007 is my second brand new Tahoe. Never again ....There is so much wind noise, roof noise, tires noise, doors noise. Noise everywhere.
When driving the car sound like a convertible and not a closed SUV
I took it to the local dealer and complaint. The manager there said that there was nothing he can do.....Sad
So far I have been able to save 2 Guys from buying a Tahoe.

wc00ac

Reaction score
I just bought an 08 Tahoe and my family and I just got back from a trip to the coast and yes the wind noise is there. Thinking of taking it in but I doubt they can do anything.

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a retired auto body man i have driven a lot of vehicles and our 07 Tahoe is very quiet, compared to any Jap. car i have driven they are silent. Most of my cars had very loud exhaust and its nice to not hear that now. If you have air leaks they can be fixed. Or you can just turn up the radio.:thumbsup:

little

Reaction score
Well i guess basically i'm def gonna find one that has everything i want, test drive the sheet outta it on the interstate and highways and see how it sounds. If she howls then i'll just say no thanks go that one.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some wind noise but my old tahoe didnt...the only difference is my new one has a sun roof...

CobraKai

Reaction score
No wind noise with my Tahoe. It's quiet in there - much quieter than my old SUV, and much quieter than the Expy which I test-drove prior to getting my Tahoe.

gundog

Reaction score
We have an 07 Yukon (wife's vehicle) with a distinct wind noise from the front left door seal by the side mirror.

My daily driver is a 2000 1500 4x4 Chevy truck. It's noiser by far, but when I jump in the Yukon, the wind noise jumps out at me.

Between the wind noise, the high pitch whine of the power steering pump, and the chattering door seals, I'm not happy with the noise that comes from this vehicle.

gl

I had some chattering from the rubber door seals but a little silicon grease on the rubber cured that problem. Never experienced wind noise or other objectionable noise.

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a dollar bill and put it on the A pillar weatherstrip and close the door and see how hard it is to pull it our. It should pull fairly hard. You can do this until you find a loose spot and then that area can be either adjusted by moving the door in or moving the seal outward.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the quietest vehicle i have ever ridden in is a buick enclave (one reason we own one) i mean you hear NOTHING. it is much quieter than even a lexus, cheaper too.

All the Buicks have quiettuning now I think, I testdrove an 08 Lucerne with Michelins on it the other day, that thing was incredible as far as ride and noise quality go.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only time I get any wind noise in mine is when I'm driving into a big headwind. MPG also goes to 5hit too.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have squeaking and some wind noise coming out of the driver side.

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also get a little bit of wind noise but it is nothing disturbung. Besides i always my Bose systen on and jamming:git: So it doesn/t really bother me. If it gets any louder I then will take it to the dealer. I have heard that in some cases it has something to do with the door not being properly aligned.

wongs83

Reaction score
Hey Razorback, is the high pitch whine you talk about happen between 60-70? I just posted a question about a noise that I get at those speeds, but I was assuming it was the rear end because it quits as soon as I take my foot of the gas pedal and isn't there below about 62 and above 70.

When do you hear the noise?

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our drivers side has more wind noise than the passenger side.

Razorback

Reaction score
Hey Razorback, is the high pitch whine you talk about happen between 60-70? I just posted a question about a noise that I get at those speeds, but I was assuming it was the rear end because it quits as soon as I take my foot of the gas pedal and isn't there below about 62 and above 70.

When do you hear the noise?

No, my noise is a "ssshhhhh" type white noise that comes from the lower A-pillar area, about where the side mirror attaches. It's consistent above 55 MPH and very noticeable above 60 MPH.

Just drove the Yukon in a good headwind, and the noise was not acceptable for a 2007 year model. It frustrated me enough that I turned around and jumped in my 2000 Silverado and drove a similar stretch of road, and it's wind noise was noticably LESS. Believe it or not.

From your description, you might have a rear-axle whine (like you said.)

gl

gibbynd

Reaction score
Wind noise

Does anyone else notice that in addition to getting the wind hitting the seal in the right direction, that most of that noise happens when your heat or a/c is blowing on hi. It seems like some of my whistle vanishes if I turn auto off or just turn it off all together. I still can't figure if it is the door seal or the blower. But since I have not seen at TSB on this, i don't want to wast me time at the dealer while they try to figure it out.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is quiet up to 85 mph. This is the first I have heard this complaint. We sell quite a few tahoes here, and to my knowledge, not one complaint yet. Mine is quiet enough that I have to pay close attention to the speedo or will end up with a ticket.