Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basecorvette

Reaction score
Anyone tint their windows? I'm looking to get a mild tint on the front 2. I don't think I would like it as dark as the factory tint (20% I think), plus I think it is illegal around here. I was thinking about 35%.

Anyone had it done? Or has anyone used the DIY perfect cut they sell?

Captjreed

Reaction score
Do It dark

You won't be happy with 35. Ask the tint forks to match the rear two doors. They will use 17-20%. THis will work well. A 6-7" limo eyebrow on the windshield will also help (~5%)

Do it now.:) :)

Captjreed

Reaction score
PS. If you should ever get stopped for any reason. Roll your windows down and nothing will be said. IT is the Limo 5% and lower the police fear will conceal a loaded weapon pointed at them they can't see.

Captjreed

Reaction score
IMHO take it to a shop. Preferably using 3M materials (although there are lots of other good brands too) It doesn't cost much to have the pros do it. . . they have all the tools and do iti every day. . .and they'll guarantee no bubbles like I've seen on soe self install jobs. I think I paid 85 plus tax for two windows and an eyebrow. Save your labor for shining the wheels in between washes and spraying on the stuff that makes the tires look black.

Captjreed

Reaction score
very true. . .but we were discussing tinting the front two (driver and passenger) windows to match the factory tint everywhere else. (I think that's what we were discussing:rolleyes: Good point otherwise.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint

I tinted my black tahoe 25% on the fronot windows and 5% on every other window with a brow on the winshield, I love the privacy and plus it might save me from third-row seat theft!

sk4ravens

Reaction score
tint

I recently tinted the windows on my 08 Z71 Tahoe, I tinted all the back windows 5% and the two front windows 15%, it looks awesome and I love the fact that no one can see me driving down the road. However if I get along a cop I open up the sun roof and role down the windows a bit to allow the sunlight through, it helps out considerably. However I think you should go with at least 15 to 20 percent, any less to me is just a waste, it doesn't seem to help all that much

TYLER07HOE

Reaction score
i did 5% on the front two and 5% over the rear factory tint. I also have the entire windshield done 35% with a 5% brow