Windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
A friend of mine said he was in a 2007 model tahoe and the windows in the rear went all the way down. I thought on all 07 tahoe models that the rear windows only went down half way? Thats what mine do!

Someone please clear this up for me!!

Thanks alot

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99' tahoe and my rear windows only go down half way, if even that. but i dont ride there so no worries.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older style Yukons and Tahoes would not go all the way down. It was physically impossible considering how the door was constructed.
I'm looking at pics now of my truck and although I never checked, it could very well be a possiblity that they dont go all the way down on the new style also.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older style Yukons and Tahoes would not go all the way down. It was physically impossible considering how the door was constructed.
I'm looking at pics now of my truck and although I never checked, it could very well be a possiblity that they dont go all the way down on the new style also.

my 99 suburban had all the windows go all the way down, that may be the confusion, im talking the longer versions. :rolleyes:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. The rear doors were different from one to the other, so it wouldnt allow for complete retraction of glass.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isnt't there a safty bar in the door of the tahoes that stops the windows from going all the way down:confused:

No.....if you look at the configuration of the door, it was impossible for the glass to get by, cause the rear of the door wasnt straight down like on a burbon, it was curved, therefore we had to deal with the glass sticking up a bit

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, you guys... My windows go down only halfway in the rear. How do I get them to go all the way down? I really don't like the way they rattle when I close the door in this state. Also, when I ride w/ them just cracked or so, they rattle every so often...don't like this. My other ride is rock solid when it comes to window rigidity. Are there some trims that let the windows all the way down, or is it an aftermarket thing??? :confused:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh -- I guess regular (short, non-XL) Yukons must do that too. Interesting. My back door windows go all the way down... Yeah XL! :D

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, you guys... My windows go down only halfway in the rear. How do I get them to go all the way down? I really don't like the way they rattle when I close the door in this state. Also, when I ride w/ them just cracked or so, they rattle every so often...don't like this. My other ride is rock solid when it comes to window rigidity. Are there some trims that let the windows all the way down, or is it an aftermarket thing??? :confused:

It is impossible, for them to go all the way down. Look at the rear portion of door. How can the glass possibly get past the curvature of the door frame...? It cant......:lol:
An XL or a Subn will allow window to go down cause door is different. Take my word for it...please.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey, now...no gloating on this forum!!! That's totally unallowed!!! :nono: :lol:

Anyway, that's a poor reason to let the windows go all the way down in the rear, just because one model is longer than the other...:rolleyes2:

I was actually in the market for a low-mileage '06 Burb, but the Lexus dealer that I was going to buy that black '06 Burb, fully loaded, Z71, 12K mi from, muffed up my business w/ them by letting someone else literally beat me to the dealer to get the vehicle after I called ahead to tell them that I'm seriously (99.99% sure) considering buying this vehicle and let them know that I was on the way (45 minutes, tops). Don't like talking about it because it's a very sore spot w/ me how it all went down. :mad2:

Anyway, it turned out very good for me...I ended up in a newer Tahoe, fewer miles, and in beautiful condition!!! :thumbsup: Oh, and did I mention, that the Tahoe was a back-up plan and turned out to be what I bought just a few hours later--after being screwed by the other dealer...?!! Happens like that sometimes... :lol:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is impossible, for them to go all the way down. Look at the rear portion of door. How can the glass possibly get past the curvature of the door frame...? It cant......:lol:
An XL or a Subn will allow window to go down cause door is different. Take my word for it...please.

Yes, I see this... But it just seems just a poor reason to not let the rear windows to go down all the way...JUST BECAUSE of a design flaw, IMO... Really not acceptable to me as a car enthusiast... Engineers should have figured out a way to make it the same in both models...

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Design reason . . .

There's an easy way to make the rear windows go all the way down on the short WB and that's like Ford :eek: does which is to make the rear four inches fixed. Therefore the moving window is narrower and can miss the curve for the wheel house. Nissan :ack: Pathfinders do that also and probably lots of others. Personally I think that spoils the clean design. :cool2:
Hof: if your windows rattle when open, then something is wrong.:eek2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. Yeah XL! :D

dont listen to them, they dont want to admit we are far supperior with our windows :lol:

and that xl's are just far superiour all around :smilielol: :Chevy:

YEA XL:yesnod:

Attachments

• phpyzZ2M0AM.jpg
    phpyzZ2M0AM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hof: if your windows rattle when open, then something is wrong.:eek2:

It's not a problem that's annoying me or anything @ this point... Just something I noticed...it's not really that bad. And it's just the rear windows. But if it gets any worse or starts getting on my nerves, especially come spring time when windows are used regularly, I'll take her in for a look-see...

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont listen to them, they dont want to admit we are far supperior with our windows :lol:

and that xl's are just far superiour all around :smilielol: :Chevy:

YEA XL:yesnod:

Hey now!!! Don't think I'm hatin'! :nono: Just the contrary. :D As I explained my '06 Burb buying debacle in the previous post, I actually PREFER the larger ("XL") version to the short. Just didn't work out that way for me, because when I went to see the Tahoe @ my "back-up" dealer, it was just so overwhelming how clean and stylish and clean and perfect and clean...oh, sorry...anyway... It just blew me away how perfect it was for us. :yesnod: Should have seen my kids climbing all through it like the jungle-gym @ Micky Dee's. :lol: So, the next family hauler I buy will definitely be focused on the XL, just because I didn't get it this time...:D

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now!!! Don't think I'm hatin'! :nono: Just the contrary. :D As I explained my '06 Burb buying debacle in the previous post, I actually PREFER the larger ("XL") version to the short. Just didn't work out that way for me, because when I went to see the Tahoe @ my "back-up" dealer, it was just so overwhelming how clean and stylish and clean and perfect and clean...oh, sorry...anyway... It just blew me away how perfect it was for us. :yesnod: Should have seen my kids climbing all through it like the jungle-gym @ Micky Dee's. :lol: So, the next family hauler I buy will definitely be focused on the XL, just because I didn't get it this time...:D

i know, im just messin with ya. :smilielol:

note the emoctions, they usaully mean its a joke or does not mean much :thumbsup: