Wiring up some new fog lights questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
Need some help with some wiring questions.

Some background:
Went and bought a westin bull bar for my 04 LT and the guy threw in a set of Westing fog lights with it for free. They are the 09-0405 model if that is important.

What I want to do:

1. Wire the new fog lights to the existing factory fog light button on the inside.

2. Re-wire the existing fog lights to my DRLs.

So my questions are,

What is the easiest way to do all this?

Will the current circuits be able to handle the changes?

Thanks for the help and btw, this place is pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the current circuits be able to handle the changes?

Probably not. You will probably have to wire in a relay somewhere. You can tap into the DRL wire and run a relay off of it and wire your current fogs to the power source, and then perhaps take the current fog wire and run it straight to your new fogs. That should work if your new fog lights don't draw much more current than stock.

Cap'n Hook

Reaction score
I'd probably go the same relay route. Only, if the new fogs are drawing too much power, you will have to install a relay, and add direct power source.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
alright, went ahead with this install back in the summer. Did not have to install any additional relays. I cut the existing factory wiring to the og fogs and re-routed it to the new fogs. i then tapped into the drls and hooked up the og fogs to them. So i control my aftermarket fogs with the dash button and my og fogs are on whenever my drls are on.

overall only took about 45 mins or so and was very easy.