Won't turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maowens85

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe 5.3.
Tried to start it and I got one maybe one and half turns out of the motor then it stopped with a loud bang that shook the truck. Inspected the starter and flywheel nothing broken, I can turn the crank by hand one direction but as soon as I get that much of a turn out of the other direction it stops and won't go any further. Any ideas?

maowens85

Reaction score
140? 140 views and not one of you has even a slightest hint of an answer? Is this forum for real? Does anyone have a brain? Has anyone ever seen this before? I haven’t I don’t know what happened I’d like to fix it myself, I’m looking for some friendly advice here but this threads been here for damn near 2 weeks! Thanks but no thanks.

baddfed

Reaction score
I had a similar experience once. It happened after I did the routine maintenance. (lube, oil, filter, and this time air filter change) What happened was there was a washer spot welded to the underside of the air filter cover and it came off as I removed the cover and I didn't notice it. As I drove it the washer worked itself down the intake and into a cylinder and when the piston came up, it jammed between the cylinder head and the top of the piston. The engine kept running in my case, but it did major damage to the piston and cylinder head. (Just my experience)

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maowens85, you made two posts here and instead of introducing your self to the forum, like you are supposed to do, you started right out with a problem and then 2 weeks later you bad mouth people. You sound like an entitlement jerk. Patience is a virtue, you don't have it. Oh, almost forgot, thanks but no thanks. By the way, I bet know what is wrong with it. Here are the first letters of each word. E-H-A-D-F-A-S.