wood dash trim around radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into changing the U shaped trim around the nav. radio to match the wood trim on the dashboard. Just that one piece is what i'm looking for. I have not been able to find it on the GM site or ebay etc... Any ideas on where to purchase that? thanks, Joe

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have Piece

Hi Joe,
I have an extra horseshoes piece left over from the kit I put on, but I have a Tahoe and the wood color is different from the Yukon. Theres a great site on Ebay I been dealing with for getting a kit for my other vehicle and he might (just might) sell you that one piece if you dont want any more. Here is the site: http://stores.ebay.com/Accessory-Auto-World. His name is Roman and is really nice guy! Very fast on email responses. I just posted some pics of mine with my woodgrain kit. I really like the woodgrain myself. Some dont. I guess its what you like..:) Mike

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I'll ask. I really want to make sure I get a match to the stock woodgrain I have on the dashboard and am looking for the whole piece not a tape over kit.. If I keep looking i'll find it eventually.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see.. If you cant, the tape ones match the OEM perfect! And they very precise on fit. #M tape on back so it aint comin off! and polyurthene high gloss coat just like original. You just have to tell them that you want the dealer match woodgrain. Yeah, dealer order or Ebay be your best best for the original plastic piece..Mike

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with the dealer and the Tahoe/Suburban has that extra radio bezel part but for some reason the Yukon does not in my woodgrain called red/brown swirl or something. The color is slightly different. I'll check out the Accessory-Auto-World.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wood dash piece

Any GM dealer should be able to order it for you. The Part number on it is # 15211886.. color is called factory burl and cost is $100.04 Mike

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I also happened across a past post on this subject from 3/07. The Yukon owner ended up changing the whole interior trim. That part# is for a tahoe which does not match the Yukon. For some reason GMC does not make this part in the same color. Only the denali color which is darker. I will probably end up using a color matched tape over.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry bout the part #. thought it was for Yukon.. Yeah the Yukon is darker where my Tahoe is lighter and more redish in color. If you decide On a tape over, their are several good places on Ebay that can get you the exct factory match. wooddashexperts.com has some nice kits..Good Luck! Mike

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from wooddashexperts.com. Spoke to a rep and he says the color should be a OEM match to the YUkon. I'll let you know when it comes in.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the dash trim from wooddashexperts.com and it fit on nicely. Not too hard to do. I was unsure how it would match but gave it a go and the trim matches perfectly. I would rather have the whole trim piece from GM but since they do not make it this is a very acceptable replacement. I am probably the only one who will notice it is a 3M :shhh: I put some photos in to show the before and after.
Thanks for all the help. Joe

dash 004.jpg

dash 005.jpg

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Joe! You ought to trim out your radio/air part also like I did. Course some dont care for that much. I do though. Got a ton of compliments of my dash whenever I get the oil changed etc.. Did you see my pics? Mike

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
I may now look into doing more as it came out nice. I havn't seen your pictures Mike ,was that from a previous post?