Wood Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvcaman

Reaction score
I want to replace the brushed steel in my Tahoe with the dark wood that comes stock on with Titanium interiors. I have been looking on ebay and found some decent deals elsewhere, but wanted to know what color of wood came with the Titanium interior on the LTZ or LT3 models. I want it to look like this

DSC00029.jpg

Last edited:

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fake wood is the SAME on all the interiors it is offered on...Cashmere/Ebony, Titanium, and Ebony, it's all the same wood. If anything, there's an optical illusion due to the different interior coloring that is throwing off your perspective.

The only difference in wood is GMC vs. Chevy, with the GMC's, being made slightly lighter and with a different fake grain. There's no specified color, model, grain, etc. just is what it is, via part number.

That said, you basically just need the wood pieces in general from ANY '07-08 Tahoe interior. It's just a matter of finding all the part numbers and ordering the right pieces, to replace all your silver stuff--the silver, by the way, being what a lot of people want INSTEAD of the wood. So there's even also the possibility of trading with someone locally.

Here's a good place to start as far as identifying individual pieces (well, without part #'s until they're ordered, etc.):

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...7430&callout=5&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

OR, you can go aftermarket and use a quality kit that essentially covers your current silver trim with a wood of your choice, edge to edge. Like this:

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=5109

I've seen a few of the latter, and they're almost indistinguishable from the original wood trim, when done correctly...but are over top what's there, not a replacement.

easystroke

Reaction score
I just installed a kit that sticks on top of the existing trim. I bought it off ebay and was very pleased. The kit came with peices of molded plastic not the tape. It only took about 30 minutes to install and was a piece of cake. This was my first time to install a dash kit. This is the one I bought. It looks much better in person than the ebay add. I'll don't know how to upload pics but I have some If someone could help. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190201610678&rd=1

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dash kits

Can you give an update in a month or two to see how it survived with temp changes and cleaning

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exactly:thumbsup:

Just keep off the pieces given for the vents & steering wheel (if you don't like them, that is) and it's identical to a stocker with OEM wood--just with more choice as to the grain/color you want. Or, just order one of the kits that gives ONLY the pieces to cover the silver just like stock, and spend even less.

These kits are generally extremely durable and high quality, and what I'd do if I didn't like the silver or the wood, because getting all of the stock pieces and swapping them is a more costly hassle.