Yes, another exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebop

Reaction score
Allright, here's the question. I'd like to put a new exhaust on my '98. I'm looking at getting a flowmaster and have been talking to several shops and cant' get a straight answer to which setup is better. One place says to get a single in dual out and they'll put a "Y" pipe to make it a single in muffler. Another says to just get the dual in/dual out muffler. I will be converting it to a dual out the side. Naturally a true dual would be preferable, but I don't want to spring for 2 mufflers and it is still a family car so I'm trying to get just a little more "man" out of it. The price is about the same for each. Is the difference between the two so insignificant that it doesn't matter which one I go with.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd have to go 2 in and 2 out since you have 2 pipes running to the stock muffler.

with a 2 in 2 out muffler you don't have to get an H or X pipe for the exhaust. the muffler acts like one.