Yukon tail light & bumper swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rney

Reaction score
Will Yukon Denali tail lights & rear bumper fit a 2007 Tahoe? I like the look of the smooth tail lights & bumper with hitch cover. Plus I got a dent in my current bumper.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they will!
Alot of threads on here discuss it to so ry searching for them in the box!

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
I did a swap tail light swap, that works but you have to swap the harnesses as well.

As for bumper, I didn't see if the Yukon's fit on my Tahoe but I swapped the bumper pad with chrome trim. So it most likely would fit. I can give you instructions on how to remove the bumper cover if you'd like.

rney

Reaction score
I did a swap tail light swap, that works but you have to swap the harnesses as well.

As for bumper, I didn't see if the Yukon's fit on my Tahoe but I swapped the bumper pad with chrome trim. So it most likely would fit. I can give you instructions on how to remove the bumper cover if you'd like.

Sure thanks!

Any tips to where I can find a stock Denali bumper? I need it in Greystone. Not even sure if Denali's come in Greystone.

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
I don't think they do, they come in few select colors. I don't know where you'd get one though, we pulled this one off our totaled one.

But I wrote up a guide, I'll post it here in this post though there aren't any pictures:

First off, remove the [2] 7mm nuts located behind each rear wheel, on the splash guards.

There will also be a plastic clip a few inches before the bottom, it's easy to remove with a flathead screwdriver.

Next, open the liftgate and remove the [4] 7mm nuts that align the top of the bumper cover. The liftgate closes right over them.

In the middle of these there are two plastic clips.

Time to go under the car!

Look for one 10mm nut on each side, they're easy to find and access.

This next step is what I found to be most difficult. There are [3] 7mm nuts on each side of the fascia that attach it to the sides of the vehicle. You can't see them, you have to feel for them, and we used an extended tool to reach and remove these. Be patient with them, as they're tricky. The circled area is where I put my hand and could feel them. I found the right side to be hardest as the tail pipe is a big obstruction but the nuts are still removable from odd angles.

One more thing before you get ready to rip it off. Go to the right underside of the car and unclip the reverse sensor's harness. If you prefer, you could tug at the right of the fascia until you get it far enough off to see the clip and get it without going under the car [falling dirt can be annoying].

The rear bumper cover is now ready to be removed. Carefully get a balanced hold, you may need another person there to maintain it, though it's not heavy. You may manage to scratch the car or tail lights if you don't balance it! Anyways, pull straight back and it should come off.

That should do it, if not let me know!