Z71 suspension on a '00 Yuke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, is there a difference in the height of a Z-71 Tahoe and a Yukon? I always thought that the Z-71s looked like they sat a tad higher, which is really all I'm looking for. I don't want a massive lift, just something subtle that will give me a little extra clearance. So, with that in mind, I was wondering if I could gather a used Z-71 suspension from somewhere and put it on my Yuke.

Last edited:

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2000 is the older body style right? 2001 is when they changed it? I don't see a problem but make sure they are off the SAME model year. Everything is the same underneath these dam* things. You could just get new keys for the front, jack it up an inch or two and get a spacer in the rear. Same effect, probably less money. $200 for keys and the labor to do it, and like $80 for the spacers both can be done easily.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it's the new body style...the regular Yukon changed over in 2000, followed by the Tahoe and Denali in 2001. Does that change anything though? I mean it's a GMT800, everything should still be the same, right?

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be, I am probably one of the worst guys on here to ask. Just got into this game about 3 months ago and haven't done any work until about a week ago. They all have the same frame and basically the same suspension (other than shocks/auto-ride). Like I mentioned earlier it would probably be cheaper to do a small torsion crank and add a spacer than to find the springs and everything for the Z71.

YAY!! I just became an Apprentice!! 50th Post.

Last edited: