Z71 w/Trailer Package - think i'm missing equipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o2bwln

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've already put about 1600 miles on my brand new baby...sob, sob..but wow what a ride!!

I got the 08 Z71 w/the tow package but i didn't get any of the equipment for the wiring harness to trailer adaper, should i have gotten this with the purchase or is it something i need to purchase separatly.

thanks,
o2bwln

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've already put about 1600 miles on my brand new baby...sob, sob..but wow what a ride!!

I got the 08 Z71 w/the tow package but i didn't get any of the equipment for the wiring harness to trailer adaper, should i have gotten this with the purchase or is it something i need to purchase separatly.

thanks,
o2bwln

I don't think you need any harnesses. The trailer has it's own wire that it connects to the pins by your hitch. The Tahoe comes with the big 6 pin one only, so if you need to hook up a trailer that needs a 4 pin connector, you need to buy the adapter from Advanced Auto Parts or similar store.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should have a 7-Pin connector, if your trailer has something different you will need to buy it. It should be cheap though, around $20. If you want to look at a Website, with all the adaptors, try: http://www.etrailor.com/