Those tree huggers.. haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife was outside washing her new Z71 this morning (it's 82 in Clearwater Beach today :yesnod: ), when our neighbor (the classic middle aged, stay at home snob), walks out to get her newpaper. She walks over to my wife and says "Christy, why do you two insist on driving such large vehicles when you usually drive alone? Do you have any idea what you are doing to our atmosphere?" My wife looked at her with a smirk on her face and said "Joan, its a Flex-fuel. Plus, honey, I'm a southern girl, I'll always drive a truck."

It made my day. Maybe you had to be there, but I just thought it as hilarious :lol: .

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my response would have been a little harsh but I didn't buy the Tahoe cause I wanted to save the whales, damn tree huggers.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to go all out and fight with her, but it's not worth it, all we can do is laugh it off. It's just a neighborhood joke now. She hasn't liked us from the beginning because we walked across 'her sand' while we were walking on the beach the day we moved in, but Florida law, you don't own the beach in front of your house :lol: .

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like her response! i wish my gf knew what flex fuel was! haha

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have said, "You know the less you talk, the less CO2 gets into the atmosphere!"

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have said "Well bless your heart hunny, if you have a problem with this air, just stick your head up your tuckus and breathe your own air for a while. And if i want to save a whale, Ill make sure Im around to help you if you ever get injured, poor thing"

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These people are so annoying, you want a case study of the mantely ill here you go this is funny reading. http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Who wants to get on there and post some pics of our gas guzzlers for them?!? Look at what somebody asked on there:

-"If you could buy any amount of bicycles and any type.......

How many would you have and what types for a car free life?

-Cheers "

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Who wants to get on there and post some pics of our gas guzzlers for them?!? Look at what somebody asked on there:

-"If you could buy any amount of bicycles and any type.......

How many would you have and what types for a car free life?

-Cheers "

If you read all of those threads you conclude that these are mostly loser hippie types that have a very distorted view of reality. I posted there a few times as SPECELIZED FAN and it was fun to mess with them. I told them how I loved driving my Tahoe to Star bucks for a latte, they threatened to ban me. The thread that almost got me banned was my suggestion of starting a car free city with all of that money you guys must have piled up, I was sincere in my suggestion.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell her that when Gore's global warming (remember the debate is over) kicks in, she'll be 20' below sea level, so she'd better start moving now. :lol:

Here's a little info (not that it matters to the huggers). Humans contribute 3.5% of the CO2 and CO2 is 3.6% of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, so we are responsible for 0.11% of all greenhouse gases. :inc:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell her that when Gore's global warming (remember the debate is over) kicks in, she'll be 20' below sea level, so she'd better start moving now. :lol:

Here's a little info (not that it matters to the huggers). Humans contribute 3.5% of the CO2 and CO2 is 3.6% of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, so we are responsible for 0.11% of all greenhouse gases. :inc:

nice info to know about.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing is ITS DAM COLD HERE, i want me some global warming, make it 80-100 here all year round YES IM READY. :D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved taking the duramax to boulder and doing huge smokey burnouts :cheers: