02 Tahoe Cassette Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyC

Reaction score
Just bought this vehicle and wanted the storage area in front of the center console, picked one up at salvage yard and it comes with a cassette deck. I figured I would install it and need to know if there is a plug for the cassette deck somewhere in the dash, started removing panels and don't know where to look, just took out the dash kick panel and instrument bezel so far.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

If the truck didn't come with factory cassette in the same place then the plug probably isn't there. If it did have the same type of console set up then the plug MAY be in behind the radio, but I doubt that you will find it.

andyC

Reaction score
So you suggest I pull radio to look for a plug, surely there is a port to connect it???

clkelley

Reaction score
IF the plug is there it will be in the dash behind the radio, but if it didn't come with the center console from the factory I doubt the plug is there.

andyC

Reaction score
You were correct, no plug. I installed the console piece anyway for the time being, I would rather have something else in it's place anyway. Another question, why would my front speakers not have hardly any sound coming from them but the rears are loud and clear? I did play with the fade and balance, both fronts are the same.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would my front speakers not have hardly any sound coming from them but the rears are loud and clear? I did play with the fade and balance, both fronts are the same.

I posted an answer in your original thread about the front speakers. :happy160: