03 Yukon A/C troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carson

Reaction score
I'm having ac problems in my 03 yukon. The rear works fine, but the front hardly blows. It started doing it radomly, now it never blows. It doesn't matter what it's set on. Occasionally you can hear a clicking sound coming from the ac controls, they're digital by the way. It still gets really cold and the rear will blow full strength. Could this be the blower motor, or maybe a vacuum leak?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Carson

boshus

Reaction score
I have an 07 that just started the same issue. did you ever find the problem? Would appreciate any advice.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 Yukon ac troubles

Ok carson its the hvac blower resistor module located in the right side under glove compartment next to the hvac blower motor you will need to remove the black under cover..boshus most likely on yours it will be the blower motor itself... hope this helps

07tahoebob

Reaction score
I replaced the blower resistor module twice on my 07 Tahoe LT2. The last time was just before vac in July this year. It worked from mid NJ to the Del Mem Bridge then quit again. Today the blower motor is getting replaced - it's drawing too much current and frying the resistor module. At least the module is still under warranty so I don't have to buy another one :) Apparently this is a common GM problem. I've seen others with the same problem here.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tohoebob... yea thats right chances are your resistor module was never an issue on 07-08 its always the blower motor itself if you look at my previous post on this thread you will see I did tell boshus with the 07 tahoe that most likely its going to be the blower motor and on 06 and ealier its the blower resistor thats the issue.. GM even has a special policy that covers the blower resitors on all suvs/trucks 04-06 to be replaces at no charge along with the harness connector

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the blower resistor module twice on my 07 Tahoe LT2. The last time was just before vac in July this year. It worked from mid NJ to the Del Mem Bridge then quit again. Today the blower motor is getting replaced - it's drawing too much current and frying the resistor module. At least the module is still under warranty so I don't have to buy another one :) Apparently this is a common GM problem. I've seen others with the same problem here.

It isn't just GM. Many other makers have the same issue. Could also be a bad connector to it or the blower. My wifes Durango has that issue.