03 yukon Mods for Fuel Economy any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, but that coil is powered by (pulsed) 12V, correct? Still 1,000,000 watts no matter what side of the coil you are on. You only increase the voltage and drop the current when stepping up voltage, the Watts are the same. Did the original add mistake Watts for Joules?

I won't even pretend to know... but this is what I found...

http://www.redherring.com/Home/22376
“Virtually all spark plugs today have 50 watts of peak discharge power,†said Enerpulse Chief Executive Daniel Parker. “What we’ve found out is that by putting a pulse circuit on top of a spark plug, we can increase spark plug output by [up to] 1 million [watts].â€

So, you figure... standard plug w/ high-voltage coil = 50w / 40,000v = .00125a

That seems like a better number... but 25a isn't that far fetched.. with the right circuit.

yukonmpg

Reaction score
I won't even pretend to know... but this is what I found...

http://www.redherring.com/Home/22376

So, you figure... standard plug w/ high-voltage coil = 50w / 40,000v = .00125a

That seems like a better number... but 25a isn't that far fetched.. with the right circuit.

I don't know either, just seems pretty far fetched to get a few bucks from people, like Ethos, etc. Googled and found this

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/0...se-spark-plugs-increas-fuel-economy-on-hybri/

There is a link to a dyno test on a Prius there. Seems their tests are within the margin of error or a typical dyno. I have several dyno runs on the same vehicle on the same day within a period of an hour that have greater differences between them and that is with not changing a thing either. I'm sure most that have done dyno runs can agree.

Not trying to bash the company just seems like a 'nother greenie riding on the carbon credit band wagon to make a buck off of suckers.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would never in my life pay $25 for a spark plug, unless maybe it came with a reach around... lol...

I dont care what that thing did, its not worth 5x the price of your stadard high quality plugg.

Of course, than again, maybe i should buy these $25 dollar pluggs, they might make my hydrogen setup crank out another 25mpg's.. I have been working on retro fitting a "large hydren colider" to my tahoe recently but the cooling transformer took a crap

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would never in my life pay $25 for a spark plug, unless maybe it came with a reach around... lol...

I dont care what that thing did, its not worth 5x the price of your stadard high quality plugg.

Of course, than again, maybe i should buy these $25 dollar pluggs, they might make my hydrogen setup crank out another 25mpg's.. I have been working on retro fitting a "large hydren colider" to my tahoe recently but the cooling transformer took a crap

LOL... that's funny. I just bought $1.74 Autolites... I think I'm gonna return 'em, though and get the NGK's...

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it wrong to resurect this thread??? Im sure some of you want to kill me for doing so... I have been searching through my old threads looking for something and i cannot find it to save my life.... some dude drilled small holes in his air box and used these weird filters in the hole and i am trying to find it...

anyways, this thread was good times

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulse plugs are real and make a difference on some vehicles, not all and from experience its not going to be a major difference in horsepower.

ZombCJ

Reaction score
I can't believe I just wasted an hour reading this whole thread.

Just currious though, what happened to CLP71220, and his super gas mileage Yuk? Did it blow up? or did he just move to another forum?