03 yukon Mods for Fuel Economy any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how does all your pocket books feel after filling up the land yaht? Mine hurts every time I fill it up.
So I am looking at doing some radical changes to my yukon. I received a HAFC kit today that I will be installing over the next few days in hopes of an increase in milage. I am not going into praticulars about the devices I am using becasue I am not trying to sell them.
I was wondering what if any have you guys tried? :au:

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also done the exhaust change and I have a Hyperpac programer that I monitor Engine load with. When I am crusing I keep the Engine load under 15% And it helps me get around 15 to almost 16 mpg.
I did a milege test today: 47.7 miles used 2.99 gallons = 15.9 mpg I hope to see this increase to at least 25 mpg but I would like to see 30+ mpg. :umn:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have done thus far is add a K&N air filter (not even the intake system) and I am getting 15.5. I feel bad for the guy getting 13, that must be painful. I am going to buy the electronic fan conversion and disconect the belt driven fan, i think this will free up a ton of power and add a noticable MPG gain... i will keep everyone posed

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have done thus far is add a K&N air filter (not even the intake system) and I am getting 15.5. I feel bad for the guy getting 13, that must be painful. I am going to buy the electronic fan conversion and disconect the belt driven fan, i think this will free up a ton of power and add a noticable MPG gain... i will keep everyone posed

I would be interested in seeing if that would make a differance. The problem with these trucks is that they are programmed to only get these low Fuel economy. I bought this HAFC kit because a fellow Tahoe owner is getting 36 mpg out of the HAFC kit.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It costs me about 80 bucks to fill up with premium. These "mods" your talking about are not going to give you the 18 extra miles per gallon that you are looking for. If fuel is such a big deal to everyone, why not trade the Yu-kon in for a Yu-go.

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It costs me about 80 bucks to fill up with premium. These "mods" your talking about are not going to give you the 18 extra miles per gallon that you are looking for. If fuel is such a big deal to everyone, why not trade the Yu-kon in for a Yu-go.

Well if you enjoy paying out the A#@ for gas then you keep on doing what your doing fella. HHO has five times the combustabily opposed to Gas. Its like running jet fuel in your engine. And the best part it only cost pennies to produce. I do not like paying the high gas prices. Only ones that proably dont mind are the ones making the money from the sale of fuel.
Here it cost around $103 to fill up the 25 gallon tank on regular.
I have found a device called the PICC that claims it will increase the gas milage by 9 times your current mpg. I am watching this very close.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, jet fuel is in the same family as kerosene and diesel but we get what you mean.

I also bought into the electric fan hype and it didn't change my mileage.

.justin.

Reaction score
First, jet fuel is in the same family as kerosene and diesel but we get what you mean.

I also bought into the electric fan hype and it didn't change my mileage.

The difference between the two is that the electric fans have the potential to increase mileage. An engine-powered hydrogen extraction system has the potential only to waste energy.

How are you controlling your fans?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference between the two is that the electric fans have the potential to increase mileage. An engine-powered hydrogen extraction system has the potential only to waste energy.

How are you controlling your fans?

I want the duel fan kit with the electronic control. It kicks on an off based on engine temp. I also heard you can program your auxilary (belt driven) fan to kick on at a higher temp rather than the 180* that the factory sets it to kick on at (which is to low if you ask me) which might save you a marginal MPG

.justin.

Reaction score
I want the duel fan kit with the electronic control. It kicks on an off based on engine temp. I also heard you can program your auxilary (belt driven) fan to kick on at a higher temp rather than the 180* that the factory sets it to kick on at (which is to low if you ask me) which might save you a marginal MPG

Ah, that would be why. At speeds over 35-40mph, the fans are no longer needed, as the air flow through the radiator is sufficient. What temp do you have the fans enabling at ?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all factory under the hood right now, and unless my info is wrong, the auxilary fan kicks on at 180* and stays on after that... which is not neccessary

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you enjoy paying out the A#@ for gas then you keep on doing what your doing fella. HHO has five times the combustabily opposed to Gas. Its like running jet fuel in your engine. And the best part it only cost pennies to produce. I do not like paying the high gas prices. Only ones that proably dont mind are the ones making the money from the sale of fuel.
I have found a device called the PICC that claims it will increase the gas milage by 9 times your current mpg. I am watching this very close.

Hmmm... I read on http://www.getpowerclub.com/GPO/hafc/hafcinfo.htm

The HAFC Fuel Cell unit converts distilled water in an energy-efficient manner to "water gas" HHO. The monatomic Hydrogen and Oxygen are inducted into the air intake system. Our special Fuel Conditioner is added as you fill-up, mixed in your gas tank and then your fuel is diverted through the HAFC Vaporizer/Ionizer unit. The V/I unit is a machined aluminum heat exchanger with 6 powerful cylindrical rare earth magnets enclosed. Your gasoline now proceeds to the fuel injection system or carburetor of your vehicle. HAFC greatly enriches the fuel mix and allows far more complete burn. Typical engines burn less than 20% of the gasoline in the combustion cycle. That means 80% of your fuel cost is burned in the catalytic converter or simply exhausted into the atmosphere !

So, not only are you paying $103 at the pump, you're also paying for their special fuel conditioner... as well as the cost of the system (which doesn't seem to be posted anywhere) I'm guessing this "miracle" gas savings system costs at least $5000 (which is what a CNG or Propane conversion costs) to have installed on a vehicle and as reported in Wikipedia, may have bad side effects. As I have done the calculations, I have found at an average of 15,000 miles a year at the current gas prices (I just filled up at $3.49 today), figuring an increase from 15MPG to 36MPG (as you claimed) it would take 2.5 years to even pay for the system, not to mention their "magic" fuel conditioner that they have no prices for at each fill-up. (probably anywhere from $5-10 a fill-up...)plus the cost of the distilled water... That's all assuming that gas doesn't move from 3.49 for the next 2.5 years... AND.. although the Tahoe has a lot of cargo room... I don't want to waste any of it with a 'hokey' MPG saving system...
dual1-horizloop.jpg

I've seen some posts from you in other threads and have to question your ability to reason and think through certain things. Just FYI - GM took a $15-billion loss last quarter due to the fuel prices and consumers not purchasing the larger SUV's. I'm pretty sure $15 billion is substantial enough for them to "remove" programming limits if it could make their cars sell. Unfortunately, I think you've been "programmed" to think there is some miracle cure for fuel mileage.... and it's all a conspiracy from the auto manufacturers along with the oil companies... As someone else stated, if you want fuel mileage... get a Prius.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop driving like and idiot and your fuel mileage will drastically improve! I'm averaging 16 with mixed city/highway with the occasional blast on the on ramp to 100+. I bet I can get 17avg but who wants to when these lsx sound so damn good at 5000+.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I read on http://www.getpowerclub.com/GPO/hafc/hafcinfo.htm

So, not only are you paying $103 at the pump, you're also paying for their special fuel conditioner... as well as the cost of the system (which doesn't seem to be posted anywhere) I'm guessing this "miracle" gas savings system costs at least $5000 (which is what a CNG or Propane conversion costs) to have installed on a vehicle and as reported in Wikipedia, may have bad side effects. As I have done the calculations, I have found at an average of 15,000 miles a year at the current gas prices (I just filled up at $3.49 today), figuring an increase from 15MPG to 36MPG (as you claimed) it would take 2.5 years to even pay for the system, not to mention their "magic" fuel conditioner that they have no prices for at each fill-up. (probably anywhere from $5-10 a fill-up...)plus the cost of the distilled water... That's all assuming that gas doesn't move from 3.49 for the next 2.5 years... AND.. although the Tahoe has a lot of cargo room... I don't want to waste any of it with a 'hokey' MPG saving system...
dual1-horizloop.jpg

I've seen some posts from you in other threads and have to question your ability to reason and think through certain things. Just FYI - GM took a $15-billion loss last quarter due to the fuel prices and consumers not purchasing the larger SUV's. I'm pretty sure $15 billion is substantial enough for them to "remove" programming limits if it could make their cars sell. Unfortunately, I think you've been "programmed" to think there is some miracle cure for fuel mileage.... and it's all a conspiracy from the auto manufacturers along with the oil companies... As someone else stated, if you want fuel mileage... get a Prius.

I found this thing for just over $1000, but you wont find me putting this thing on my hoe even still... dont trust this crazy sht

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I dont know how to tell you this, but if there were something out there that was cost effective and could give you 126 MPG (the claimed 9x more than my average 14 mpg), more than just two or three people would have it. The large oil companies patent all the fuel saving ideas before anyone else can so they dont lose profits. With the cost of fuel these days, if there were something out there that actually was worth spending the money on, we would have heard about it on the news. Like I said, if it were that big a deal, you should have gotten a different vehicle, and with the 5000+ dollars that you sink into this garbage, I'll fill my truck up 62.5 times, not to mention the risk you take on screwing up the engine. Now, as far as vehicles being programmed to get a certain fuel economy, I dont think GM would have taken the huge loss in the last quarter because noone was buying trucks if they could program them to get 40, 126, or whatever mpg you're expecting. This is nonsense:smilielol::

Last edited:

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The use of hydrogen has many benifits for the engine. One is that the colvalizer eleminates the carbon build up in the engine and if you have no carbon in the engine then you should never have to change your oil. The carbon is what causes the engine to wear out and have to be rebuilt. So the cost of the kit is justified to enable the engine to fight wear from carbon. I paid $1050 for the kit and I bought additional bottles of Colvalizer. I also bought another kit to put on my Toyota Camry. The Camry should get around 60 to 70 mpg with this kit. And the Yukon should land in the 30 mpg range. So based on those results I figure the cost of gas was just cut in half or more because I will be getting two to three times the milage.

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is to be an anouncement between Dutchman and a Major auto manufacture on Sept 15 in that the Auto manufactuer will be installing the Dutchman Hydrogen cells and maybe there PICC on brand new vehicals. Sounds like the Auto manufactures have taken notice of a good thing.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Seafoam to take any carbon buildup out of my system....:yesnod:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The use of hydrogen has many benifits for the engine. One is that the colvalizer eleminates the carbon build up in the engine and if you have no carbon in the engine then you should never have to change your oil. The carbon is what causes the engine to wear out and have to be rebuilt....

Metal on metal friction causes internal wear on the engine. Piston rings, cylinder walls, cam lobes, lifters, pushrods, crank and cam bearings, etc, will all exibit inevitable wear no matter what you do. Carbon or not, your engine will still wear and you will still need to change your oil. The used oil won't be as dark as an engine with lots of carbon build-up, but molecules will still break down and the oil will lose some of it's viscosity.