03 yukon Mods for Fuel Economy any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
betcha those IP addresses match too. MY VOTE IS FOR BAN, cept he is too fun to mess with :smilielol:

a quote i read on another forums members signature on jeepforum and i think its true....

"never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level, and he has a lot of experience"

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what they deleted the post for so called spamming I did not see any spamming. But they asked where the proof was so I gave them the links to the Manufactures web site. Big deal I am not crying over it. They are a very sensitive crowd apparently. And Like I said earlier I was not trying to sell anything here or there. I am just sharing how I am getting the results. If you want to duplicate my results you can build your own system. As for me I just bought the system that is here on the web. It works very well.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They deleted the post for spamming. But they asked where the proof was so I gave them the links to the Advertisement. Big deal I am not crying over it. They are a very sensitive crowd apparently.

Wow, you really just never give up, do you? :ktoe:

Do you deny the allegations of being a member of the Dutchman enterprises MLM group? Nope. You just make some excuse as to why you were banned... then you came back as an assumed name. Are you really as dense as you sound? :umn:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And Like I said earlier I was not trying to sell anything here or there. I am just sharing how I am getting the results. If you want to duplicate my results you can build your own system. As for me I just bought the system that is here on the web. It works very well.

"...and remember... I'm not only the President of the Hair Club For Men..."

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it works so well, how about some pics of it IN YOUR TAHOE, plus some pics OF YOUR TAHOE"S DIC showing the MPG, AND NO DOCTORED PHOTOS, We have the technology to tell if you did photochop

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post 71 has pictures of the system installed on the Yukon. I have not seen a change on the DIC it still thinks that the truck is running stock. The mileage is calculated after the fill up. I am open to suggestions if there is a good way I can get a report on here that everyone can understand. Pictures of the odometer and a gas receipt maybe? I think just having a person take a short 50 mile run with me should suffice. Is there anyone in the North Louisiana or South Arkansas area on here?

Last edited:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post 71 has pictures of the system installed on the Yukon. I have not seen a change on the DIC it still thinks that the truck is running stock. The mileage is calculated after the fill up. I am open to suggestions if there is a good way I can get a report on here that everyone can understand. Pictures of the odometer and a gas receipt maybe? I think just having a person take a short 50 mile run with me should suffice. Is there anyone in the North Louisiana or South Arkansas area on here?

LOL.. if I'm not mistaken, the DIC calculates average fuel mileage by the level of the tank vs. the miles driven. Instant mileage may be different, however doubtful. As I said before... there is no way to prove this on an online forum. You have been noted by others to falsify gas reports, and it would be rather easy to "create" another user on here for "proof"... as you did in the other forum.

Again... you will NOT be able to prove anything here. Even in your edits, rebuttals, and so on and so forth, you still have not denied affiliation with Dutchman Enterprises. It will be assumed from here forward that you are a lying MLM member of Dutchman enterprises, and should be reported to the Attorney General for bad business practices. :thumbsup:

.justin.

Reaction score
LOL.. if I'm not mistaken, the DIC calculates average fuel mileage by the level of the tank vs. the miles driven. Instant mileage may be different, however doubtful. As I said before... there is no way to prove this on an online forum. You have been noted by others to falsify gas reports, and it would be rather easy to "create" another user on here for "proof"... as you did in the other forum.

Again... you will NOT be able to prove anything here. Even in your edits, rebuttals, and so on and so forth, you still have not denied affiliation with Dutchman Enterprises. It will be assumed from here forward that you are a lying MLM member of Dutchman enterprises, and should be reported to the Attorney General for bad business practices. :thumbsup:

DIC mileage is calculated by injector pulsewidth (time open per cycle), Injector flow rate, RPM and vehicle speed. There's no way that the vehicle can get better gas mileage than stated by DIC (outside of a few % normal variation) in this manner. If he's using less fuel for a given distance, then the DIC would show it as less fuel used per a given speed/distance. Who knows what this "Optimizer" device is doing to signals to and from the PCM. Maybe it's reporting to the instrument cluster that he's doing 90 when he's only doing 60. :thumbsup:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this poor guy... if I had a piece of crap that I invested a lot of my time and energy into, i might hop from forum to forum to try and sell them too.... this poor guy reminds me of the dude from that movie "pursuit of happiness” when he got stuck with all those POS thing-a-ma-jobies… I think this dude probably invested in crap technology and is now trying to get rid of it all…

anyways, we cant ban this guy, its the only laughter I get to enjoy during my boring wrk day!

Keep up the hard and ridiculous work Mr. Dutchman salesman dude, I for one enjoy every ounce of your stead fast conviction in your failing technology-pyramid scheme

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIC mileage is calculated by injector pulsewidth (time open per cycle), Injector flow rate, RPM and vehicle speed. There's no way that the vehicle can get better gas mileage than stated by DIC (outside of a few % normal variation) in this manner. If he's using less fuel for a given distance, then the DIC would show it as less fuel used per a given speed/distance. Who knows what this "Optimizer" device is doing to signals to and from the PCM. Maybe it's reporting to the instrument cluster that he's doing 90 when he's only doing 60. :thumbsup:

I have noticed a 1.5-2 gallon discrepency in my DIC reading to what I actually fill up with. (i.e. tonight I filled up with 22.5 gallons, the DIC showed 20.4) I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, however I'm sure it would notice a 15mpg increase.

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not affiliated with Dutchman or any type of MLM. I am a consumer that has had good success with the product from Dutchman. Have I told you that I wanted to sell you something? NO.
So stop it already with the accusations. Like I said earlier I do not know of a way to do a mileage test that everyone would find no fault with. I can refer you to others that have had the same success as I have but apparently that is called spamming. So all I can say is, you will just have to decide for yourself.
Now I would really like to get back to the purpose of this trend. Ideas for fuel economy, And not “lets kill the messenger of good newsâ€. I have a goal for the Yukon and I am looking for other good ideas that will help me get there. There is another device that has not been released yet that will accomplish this goal. But until its release I am experimenting. I am not interested in modifying the body of the Yukon because it was a special order from the Regency factory.

.justin.

Reaction score
I have noticed a 1.5-2 gallon discrepency in my DIC reading to what I actually fill up with. (i.e. tonight I filled up with 22.5 gallons, the DIC showed 20.4) I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, however I'm sure it would notice a 15mpg increase.

And if you do a lot of light throttle driving vs heavy throttle driving, the value will usually be farther out (due to inaccurate injector dead time values in the PCM).

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the first 5 or 6 fill ups i did in my tahoe i calculated the MPG myself by hand, my DIC was really close, only off .1 or .2 at any given time so i stoped doing it by hand and figured the DIC was accurate enough for what i need it for.

Although when i bought my hoe almost 2 months ago i was getting 14.5 MPGs, with a new K&N it brought it up to 15.5 and than with an oil change to Royal purple two weeks ago, keeping 40lbs in the tire and driving nice and slow and I now getting 16.6.... this makes me happy enough, i am hoping the electric fan kit that replaces the belt driven fan will free up some power that will allow my truck to get better MPG's

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you do a lot of light throttle driving vs heavy throttle driving, the value will usually be farther out (due to inaccurate injector dead time values in the PCM).

Ah... We (I) go pretty light on the throttle. I get on it once in a while, however... we idle quite a bit... in parking lots, etc. (Eating, running into the store, child sleeping, etc) Perhaps that's where my discrepency is...

Now I would really like to get back to the purpose of this trend. Ideas for fuel economy, And not “lets kill the messenger of good newsâ€.
http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=2787

If you're looking for some miracle cure... Toyota sells the Prius, Honda sells the Fit, Chevrolet sells the Aveo...

Getting a Yuk/Hoe/Lade into the 30's without sacrificing power, longetivity, drivability, and reliability is relatively impossible. If you truly are a consumer, I feel bad for you. You have been had. I just read an article on a Yahoo group free-for-all...

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/hafcpicc/message/78
This is what I have seen over the past four months, sorry not good, in fact so bad I quit, after a lost/cost of around $25,000.00.

I have worked on about 12 cars and only one had a unknown defect.

The rest all were fine good running cars.

Many got good mileage at first but all have problems show up, some with in a couple of days.

Three saw no improvement.

We got mileage in two cars (32 to 43MPG) and got 71 MPG and 81 MPG up from 32 MPG stock on two other cars, and took two vans from 12 MPG to 19/20MPG, BUT not one would not hold it, all faded away with in a few days to a week and all got problems, like stuck idle motors (2), boiling water and gunk in the motors,(4) two got plugged air filters, one HAFC blew apart and sprayed chemical all over the engine.

One van is a 87 MiniVan and has no computer to fight us but it loses it mileage with in a week and we have to clean and renew its water and chemicals.

Now I sure you will say I do not know what I am doing, perhaps, I was trained by one of their best trainers and certified as a trainer myself, and IF I did not know what I was doing how did I get such high mileage's figures??

I quit the company when I saw all of the last cars: two vans and four cars and the problems we were getting, I for one can not afford to buy someone a new motor after this system eats the motor.

I have been warning everyone I could with this email:

I will repeat this warning as often as needed.

There are two main risks: explosion and chemical damage to your engine.

Beware of any that call for lots of chemical, (KOH, NaOH (lye)) use double bubblers to help catch any before going to your motor. It does not stay in the tanks but can get into your motor as gas, I will post pictures of a Bubblier that contains this gunk and how it coats the walls to show you of this problem.

http://www.racprops.com/HAFC/Crud in Bubblier/

Feed gas below your air filter to let it be you last line of defense.

DO NOT use any of the wire and glass jar units.

What every unit you get if they do not tell you to control the main relay with the Fuel Pump relay, be worried what else they did not tell you correctly.

NEVER NEVER set it up to turn on any other way BUT so it comes on after the motor is running and is turned off automatically with the motor.

I know of three cases where this was NOT done, one burst his air cleaner, another broke his intake manifold and the third one was lucky his battery was dead that morning as his ran as long as the battery was able to power it, one spark and good by truck.

Many cells start making gas within seconds and it can fill the air cleaner before you get started, add a slight misfire and BOOM.

NEVER NEVER hook it up to any engine vacuum.

The Fuel pump relay is the way to go.

IF there is no fuel pump relay (like Toyota) use the oil presser sender.

I feel this is so important I will give the design away.

http://www.racprops.com/Hydro Fuel Cell/

Rich

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What do you mean by "light throttle driving"

the reason i ask is because I tend to feather the throttle (I always stay right at the speed limit)

is this "fooling" my DIC into thinking I am getting better gas milage when i actually am not?

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the first 5 or 6 fill ups i did in my tahoe i calculated the MPG myself by hand, my DIC was really close, only off .1 or .2 at any given time so i stoped doing it by hand and figured the DIC was accurate enough for what i need it for.

Although when i bought my hoe almost 2 months ago i was getting 14.5 MPGs, with a new K&N it brought it up to 15.5 and than with an oil change to Royal purple two weeks ago, keeping 40lbs in the tire and driving nice and slow and I now getting 16.6.... this makes me happy enough, i am hoping the electric fan kit that replaces the belt driven fan will free up some power that will allow my truck to get better MPG's

Yeah, I'm planning a tune-up this weekend along with maybe a AEM CAI.... due to some financial issues, I'm going to have to hold off on the tune... :( But, I also plan to check my tires (haven't had a gauge in years)...

I think my biggest problem with mileage is just sitting in parking lots. As you know, in AZ... A/C is a must. We go out to eat (Sonic, McDonalds, etc) and it idles. Heck... I went to Wendy's the other day... to get a 5 piece chicken nuggets and a doublestack... and it took 25 minutes of idling! 10MPG isn't bad when you idle half of it away. :cryin:

clp71220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in knowing if the fan mod makes a difference.
My odomerter is off also because of the over sized tires. This shows less miles than are actually driven. So I figure that alone causes the DIC to be off. I use my hyperpac programer for speed correction and I can get a rough idea of how many miles have been driven using a known route that I have measured with my cars odometer. I use the Tire calculators you find here on line to determine the offset in tire size.

.justin.

Reaction score
What do you mean by "light throttle driving"

the reason i ask is because I tend to feather the throttle (I always stay right at the speed limit)

is this "fooling" my DIC into thinking I am getting better gas milage when i actually am not?

Light throttle (very light, usually low speed) has a much shorter injector pulse width. Since the DIC calculates fuel milage based on a computation of delivered fuel, a slight inaccuracy in the internal table relating to the injector dead time will throw this value off. EG, PCM thinks it's injecting fuel for 2.2ms, but it's actually 2.1 or 2.3. That .1ms difference over the course of a tank will cause mileage to be inaccurate. At heavier throttle, pulsewidths are higher (up to 22ms in most stock cases), where a .1ms discrepancy would be minute by comparison.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light throttle (very light, usually low speed) has a much shorter injector pulse width. Since the DIC calculates fuel milage based on a computation of delivered fuel, a slight inaccuracy in the internal table relating to the injector dead time will throw this value off. EG, PCM thinks it's injecting fuel for 2.2ms, but it's actually 2.1 or 2.3. That .1ms difference over the course of a tank will cause mileage to be inaccurate. At heavier throttle, pulsewidths are higher (up to 22ms in most stock cases), where a .1ms discrepancy would be minute by comparison.

So than I should get back to calculating my MPG's by hand again if Im goingto continue to drive liek an old ass man