06 Yukon Denali loose steering feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bragado

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum.
My truck has had a loose steering feel ever sinse I bought it. purchased it used with 58K miles and took it to the dealer right away to try to have the issue resolved but they came back to tell me evrything was tight underneath and that it was just my imagination. Finally, i took some time to check it out my self and I found that there is a lot of movement difference between the steering shaft going into the steering gearbox and the pitman arm. I am taking to a different dealership but this time i am pointing the problem out.
if they still think that there is no problem then i will have to fix the problem myself, question is do I buy OE parts? there is quite a difference in price and if the original steering gearbox went out this soon then what good is it?

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a fairly common issue on heavier trucks, you can buy non oem, A pitman replacement shouldn't be more than 2-300. Good Luck.

lafd55

Reaction score
Yea, just loose with age... Mines loose too and sucks because i drive a brand new truck at work and then get into my car and i'm all over the place.

NAretiredGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum.
My truck has had a loose steering feel ever sinse I bought it. purchased it used with 58K miles and took it to the dealer right away to try to have the issue resolved but they came back to tell me evrything was tight underneath and that it was just my imagination. Finally, i took some time to check it out my self and I found that there is a lot of movement difference between the steering shaft going into the steering gearbox and the pitman arm. I am taking to a different dealership but this time i am pointing the problem out.
if they still think that there is no problem then i will have to fix the problem myself, question is do I buy OE parts? there is quite a difference in price and if the original steering gearbox went out this soon then what good is it?

Check the steering intermediate shaft, the short one just above the steering box, for looseness and failure to cause the problem. A common problem. Let us know!